I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Madge & Justin's Four Minutes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madge & Justin's Four Minutes
    Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 10:59

It's the story of this woman who breaks down and has to push her car to the office then she goes supermarket shopping with her son - I do not like this video (or most of the song) at all! (Then again, I hated Sugababes'  Push the Button first time I heard it as I thought it wasn't catchy enough )

4 Minutes video
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 11:43
What's not to like? I've only seen a bit of the video but she looked quite good. I wasn't keen on the song at first but it's really grown on me. Madonna's voice has gone a bit weird though, she's much more shrieky than she used to be.

It's no Maneater though.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 11:46
Originally posted by Chunks

What's not to like?

I'm just disappointed in it, I was expecting something less 'suburban'

I wants tricks and special effects and by that, I don't mean lighting Madonna to make her look like a 14 year old

It's not 'special' enough though Justin is always good value
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 11:51
Originally posted by Alex

It's not 'special' enough

It never is when she does R&B. I hate Bedtime Stories, there's no TUNES. She should have done more disco and got the Freemasons in. I could have saved her if she'd only asked.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 12:23

I quite liked the deconstructionist/cubist influence on some of the backgrounds and visual elements /  effects.  But I was watching with the sound muted...   Whistle

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 12:34
Originally posted by Chunks

She should have done more disco and got the Freemasons in

Agree, she was onto a good thing there, sure she could've squeezed out a few more disco stylee hits in between bitching about London

Originally posted by Strawberry Pez

<FONT style=": #000033">I quite liked the deconstructionist/cubist influence on some of the backgrounds and visual elements /  effects. 

Uncanny, exactly what I was thinking, those cubans huh?

Originally posted by Strawberry Pez

I was watching with the sound muted...

Ok leave the forum now, go on GO!

for SHAME!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 12:43
Not keen on Madonna in this style as you say Chunks she should have kept to Disco, track is ok but only ok
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 12:44
Justin is good though but a bit samey
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 16:08
won't play for me I just get
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Bros UK
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 16:22
Originally posted by lisa

won't play for me I just get
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Bros UK

Aw booo! Madonna's lot are really vigilant
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 17:45
god they are all clamping down now aren't they it is as if they never knew of youtube till recently. Is it loaded anywhere else as i not seen it or heard it. Thanks for putting a link in anyway.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 17:54
Originally posted by Alex

Ok leave the forum now, go on GO!

for SHAME!

Make me!  Tongue

Actually, on reflection, you're not the right person to make that dare to, are you Alex...

Madonna's stuff is always hit-and-miss with me, as is Justin Timberlake's, but I'm willing to give it a proper listen at a time when I wouldn't be disturbing other people (as I would have been had the sound been turned on earlier).  Unfortunately I don't have that opportunity now do I, thanks to the Copyright Nazis.  Tsk.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 13:11

Here's another vid of 4 Minutes, not as good quality as the first one I posted but not bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-2fFTSE44s

Post Reply Post Reply