I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film > Soap Box
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prisoner Cell Block H

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prisoner Cell Block H
    Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 22:44
It is a soap. It's just set in the most amazing prison ever. Half the fun is spotting people from Home and Away and Neighbours (Harold's so THIN, well not really but much thinner than now, still got that chin though). Both the main governors were amazing and so classy, and I loved it when Bea got tired of being top dog and there was a bit of a battle with Margo Gaffney etc and it got to the ridiculous stage of Doreen being top dog or something. Then there's the Freak. The way they built the story up leading to her getting the nick herself was stupendous.

Right, everyone talk about Prisoner now *clasps hands to bosom and sighs*
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 22:58
When is it on the Telly?
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 23:03
It was on five for a good while early in the morning but on itv for years before it. 
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 23:09
I never saw it sorry Chunks.

Weren't they meant to be doing a remake with Christopher Eccleston in the lead role?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 23:29
who could forget the corny music He used to send me roses haha

here is great music vid of it Clicky
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 23:31
who the guy who did the Music aww that is sweet
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 11:08
Was brilliant, it's absolutely criminal (see what i did there?) that it was never on earlier than 11.30pm

I'm sure Doreen (say it with 4 syllables) was engaged to Paul Robinson at some point!

I've just had a vision of Lizzie Birdsworth float before my eyes like a wee crotchety ape with her 70-a-day laugh. Bless.

Alf Roberts was a mad axe murderer early on, but sadly I missed that
alto View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Dan's Diva

Quote alto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 23:28
Gosh I remember watching prisoner cell block H loved it, many of the cast from neighbour and home and away have been in it at some point.  How many remember vinegar t..'s the prison warden by she was evil.  Then there was  Bea (top dog), Debbie and the gov Erica Davidson but for me Lizzie the old lag was the best. 
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 18:33
used to watch this years ago is it still on?
I rememeber vinegar t**s and Bea queen bea wasnt it?
alto View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Dan's Diva

Quote alto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 19:51
I'm not sure if it is still on it could be on UKGOLD, it was Bea but the inmates called her Queen Bea or top dog.  When I get a mo I'll have a look on youtube and see if there are any vids on there, it will be a trip down memory lane if there is.   
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 17:42
All 19 top dogs in chronological order!

Edited by Darth Disco - 26 Nov 2008 at 02:23
Dans Chick View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Dans Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 19:55
I was terrified of the Freak! I used to watch when I was a teenager hiding under my duvet when she came on!
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 16:32
Oh I loved this - used to watch it when it was on really late at night years ago. Bren - thanks for the memory jog on the theme tune. Worrying that I can remember most of the lyrics without Googling!

He used to give me roses,
I wish he could again
But that was on the outside
and things were different then

On the inside the sun still shines
and the rain falls down
But the sun and rain are prisoners too
When morning comes around

Bring a tear, it does ...

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
alto View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Dan's Diva

Quote alto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 22:30
True to my word I had a look on youtube and there are a few vids of Prisoner but I could not watch the Freak, she is enough to give me nightmares. 
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 13:49
They released it on DVD last year in Australia for its 20 or 25th anniversary.
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 18:43
omg, my mum used to watch this all the time lol ! i apparantly used to watch it with her when i was about 3!! how appropriate! i dont rememeber any of it though

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>