I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Minghella

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anthony Minghella
    Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 22:06
I was sorry to hear the sad news about this great director and writer.
I think I have mentioned before that 'Truly, madly deeply' is one of my favourite films. If you haven't seen it I recommend, it's terrific.
I liked the English Patient even if it was a bit long and also enjoyed cold mountain.

A sad loss, R.I.P
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 22:12
Was so shocked when I heard this today
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 22:13

I was sorry to hear about Anthony's death, I enjoyed the English Patient as his direction of that film was both powerful and mesmerising.

I enjoyed Truly Madly Deeply and I only have seen it once and it was moving I would like to see it again.
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 13:32
Did anyone see what tunred out to be Anthony's last project, The no.1 ladies' detective agency.
I didn't think it would be my thing but I loved it, it was a nice gentle Sunday evening drama. Much better than endless car chases, gory murders and hospital dramas.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 20:00
Very sad news indeed.  "Truly, Madly, Deeply" is one of my all-time favourites too, V - largely due to Alan Rickman's performance as well as the superb script and direction.

Didn't get to see "No.1 Ladies Detective Agency" as we were on holiday, but I shall be keeping a beady eye out for a repeat showing some time.

(Loved his family's ice-cream when I lived on the Isle of Wight too).
 Post Reply Post Reply