I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film > Soap Box
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hooked on Hollyoaks - Well, sort of...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hooked on Hollyoaks - Well, sort of...
    Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 11:09
Not actually seen a whole episode, I'm not really into soaps plus they're on at crazy times but a new guy here at work has done a bit of acting *cough* it seems to be just extra work *cough* and led me to You Tube and the John Paul/Craig storyline from last year.

It's great! You get to only watch the bits you're interested in and that's it, no ads or rubbish stories about other cast members

The background to this clip (& me & the office have been working our way through the WHOLE JP/Craig story ) is that John Paul is gay and Craig is his best mate from school and has a gf. JP has confessed to Craig that he's in love with him and Craig is not having any of it, until now...

John Paul & Craig

The acting is superb (especially for a soap) and the You Tube user da33431 has all the relevant clips uploaded

Got to say I'm not going to watch the current series (even on You Tube) but if anyone wants to natter about the Craig/JP storyline, then I'm all ears

PS Due to popular demand, I think we're going to put up a "Soaps" thread

Edited by Alex - 18 Mar 2008 at 11:16
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 11:56
It was *such* a well acted storyline, really outstanding for any soap - but especially for Hollyoaks which *cough* doesn't necessarily attract the best actors - they seem to employ the "will 14-20 year olds fancy you? yes! you're hired!"

Actually when Craig was first in the soap he was truly truly TRULY dreadful and very annoying but with that storyline the actor was just brilliant. I don't follow the various soap awards but i do hope that he or JP and the writers got some recognition for the storyline.

don't want to say too much more in case you've not seen how the storyline pans out Alex!

I'd certainly contribute to a soaps forum even though i'm giving Corrie a wide berth at the moment (the swapped at birth story is beyond stupid).
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 12:29
I never watched that storyline I saw snippets of it.

But I have started to get into Hollyoaks as when I am at my friends house it is always on so I have started to watch it.

I like the storyline JP has with the Priest going on at the moment will they won't they it is all good, better than Corrie at the moment.
Hannah!x View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hannah!x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 14:57
Hollyoaks is the only soap i watch everyday. it had some really good story lines last year. John-Paul/Craig but also Hannah and her eating disoder, that storyine was amazingly acted and very emotional. If Emma Rigby(Hannah) doesn't win an award for her acting then that would be so silly.

So yes Alex i am here for a natter about hollyoaks.

Edited by Hannah!x - 18 Mar 2008 at 14:57
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 20:24
I don't understand what happened between Becca (is she called Becca) and Justin I know they had Charlie, was Justin the pupil who Becca had an affair with?  As I have begun watching Hollyoaks Properly and I am confused.
Hannah!x View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hannah!x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 21:30
Yes Justin was Becca's pupil.
Becca was also sent to prison becuase of it as she had sex with him whilst he was under age and to my meomery Justin said (but lied) she forced him onto her on something along those lines. Justin went to the police and said that what he said was un-ture, but it was to late has becca had been stabbed in prison. Just in case you wanted to know. Hope that helped
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 21:40
Thanks Hannah Thumbs%20Up, as Nancy and Justin were talking about Becca in tonights episode and saying Justin had lied and I wandered whether it was him who was her pupil.  He said that he still loved her tonight that was beautiful.

Was Becca married to Jake? At the time.

Edited by Catwoman2k6 - 18 Mar 2008 at 21:46
Hannah!x View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hannah!x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 21:58
opps posted twice!!!

Edited by Hannah!x - 18 Mar 2008 at 22:00
Hannah!x View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hannah!x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 21:58
Yes Becca And Jake were married at this time.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 23:39
I never watch this and yet it is filmed in Liverpool very near to the dance school saw a clip of this over the weekend and woman on it looks so like members of my family laughed about it but just checked cast and it is my cousin Diane Langton (Nana McQueen)
Hannah!x View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hannah!x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 18:40
oh thats cool.

Miranda View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Miranda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 19:07
Channel 4 are doing a competition to script your own scenes. Worth a look if you've got a good imagination. You never know - you may win and then you'll get to see your work on tv!!

vw1983 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote vw1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 15:37
i thought the "fire at the dog" episodes were fantastic, brought me to tears and soaps normally dont make me cry!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 14:30
I've not watched this since I just can't commit to soaps but I do hope they bring Craig back
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 14:38
You need to watch Alex there are some good storylines soon.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 14:52
SPOILER!

You mean the priest getting killed? Yeah heard that one

I only know John Paul and Craig, I haven't a clue as to any other people in it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>