I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

starter or dessert?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkie_princess View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pinkie_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: starter or dessert?
    Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 11:09

I just had a really random thought based on a discussion i had the other day whilst out to dinner - when you go out would you rather have a starter or dessert? i'd have dessert - i'm a cheesecake chick i LOVE the stuff! new york cheesecake's the best!!

Edited by pinkie_princess - 26 Feb 2008 at 11:38
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 11:22
I'd rather have a starter - any seafood item such as seared scallops or prawns. I did have escargot a few weeks ago with lots of garlic - yum. I can leave a dessert - usually don't have room left anyway.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 11:30
I'm with Margi as a starter rather than dessert person - I love seafood too, but not sure I could manage snails... 
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 11:36
I always go for the menu item that's different, so I can say I've tried that.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 16:01
I would rather have a dessert. I love cakes. Sometimes though I have a starter instead of a dessert. I love seafood so if there's seafood on the starter menu then I'll probably have that instead of a dessert. It really depends what's on the menu. I'm more of a dessert person though.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 18:20
Starter - prawn cocktail is my fave! 

But if I still have enough room at the end of my meal, I sometimes have a chocolate fudge cake with ice cream (I know - what a pig LOL)  That or profiteroles ... mmmm my mouth is watering ...

Edited by JanDanFan - 11 Apr 2008 at 18:20
Dans Chick View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Dans Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 13:42
I have a main and dessert,  preferably something with chocolate cake like ice cream or a Waffle with ice cream and toffee sauce Big%20smile
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 23:15

It depends whats on the menu. Banana split all the way lol or in an italian I always go for tomato and basil soup I just love it. But I love Prawn Cocktail as well xx

killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 12:16

I sometime avoid having a starter and juts got for the main and if I have any room left (And I'm with JanDanFan on this one Whistle), I'd go for the dessert afterwards

Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Sammy View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Nurse Rachet

Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 13:10
I would prefer a starter and a dessert and miss out the main meal. But if i do have to choose it would be a dessert all the way, any of these (or all) would b just fine:
Trifle
Cheesecake
Trifle cheesecake(bloody lush)
Pavlova
Eton Mess
Profiteroles
Apple pie and custard and ice cream
Spotted Dick and custard
Any flavoured steam pudding
Bread and butter pudding
Knickerbockaglory (sp)
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and many more! Yum!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 15:32
Starters for me, any day of the week, although I have to say I am partial to Bread and Butter pudding.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 16:37
Starters for me .... unless the desserts are homemade and not from the local supermarket!!

Remember the days of prawn cocktail, steak and black forest gateux to follow, washed down with a bottle of Blue Nun .....
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 21:21
I like Both.  Although I was forced to have a Starter when I didn't want one when I was on holiday Angry
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 22:00
I don't really like a starter rather have the main and a desert applecrumble and custard my fave
Claire86 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Claire86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 10:08
I love desserts, I've occassionally managed both but the majority of the time I'll stick with dessert, especially cheesecake or the chocolate sundaes (sp) that you can get with chuncks of cake or brownies in them and loads of sweets, can't resist them!
*Lisa* View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
twat

Quote *Lisa* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 20:46
I'd prefer the dessert I think
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>