I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

odd food combinations!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 17:47
am i right in thinking the tim tam is the Austraulian biscuit you can now buy here too, a bit like a penguin? and you are supposed to bite the end off and use the rest of the biscuit as a "straw" to drink a hot drink with it? lol i rememeber a few years back, Natalie Imbruglia was on the graham Norton show and demonstrated lol ....

mais View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote mais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2008 at 12:08
Hey guys sorry, keep up the good work.

Not a funny combination really but, when my hubby cooks a dinner for us he loves putting yorkshire pudding with every kind of meat he cooks. Not always with beef as traditional. At least it fills you up.

Love the large ones you can buy filled with sausage,mash and peas, or anything you like.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2008 at 12:51
I like mint sauce with roast dinners - any roast dinner.  It's the combination of crispy roast tater, sumptuous gravy, and the mint sauce - I just love it.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 04:30
Originally posted by vicki

am i right in thinking the tim tam is the Austraulian biscuit you can now buy here too, a bit like a penguin? and you are supposed to bite the end off and use the rest of the biscuit as a "straw" to drink a hot drink with it? lol i rememeber a few years back, Natalie Imbruglia was on the graham Norton show and demonstrated lol ....

Yep, an Aussie favourite by Arnotts. There have been imitations, but the real Tim Tam is the best. I've actually not sucked a hot drink through it myself. The only hot drink I have is tea, and I've been told its better with coffee (yuk) and hot chocolate (double yuk). Sorry to those who like coffee and hot chocolate.
pinkie_princess View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote pinkie_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 16:40
I love hot chocolate!!!! lol x
Sammy View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Nurse Rachet

Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 17:21
In the winter when they get in from school My girls insist on having a Hot chocolate, with squirty cream (xtra thick one ) with cadburys flake crumbled on the top or if no flake then mini marshmallows!!!!
My kids have a hard life
Sammy View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Nurse Rachet

Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 17:23
Now let me think in my youth i used to have peanut butter on toast topped with sweetcorn relish! yum!
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 17:57
good to hear you enjoy the tim tams Margi, they have apparantly just started selling them in some supermarkets over here, i've never seen them yet,

I also don't like or drink any hot drinks at all, I hate tea and coffee, I have never drunk them, when I was little I did used to love hot chocolate, I don't dislike it now, I just don't drink it anymore

Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 18:25
I love Hot Chocolate, with Marshmellows and Whipped Cream
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 09:41
I did it with mint tea Margi and it was very nice indeed!

I also love mint sauce with roasts, and have it with any variety (which isnt much for me as I only eat chicken or turkey or just veg roast dinners) goes excellently with any gravy....yum.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 16:07
The mint flavour of the tea would compliment the chocolate in the Tim Tam Jonnyboy.

The Aussie expats would be quite grateful that its now available as I know that a lot of them ask friends to bring them over as well as Vegemite and Cherry Ripes.

For Pink Ribbon day to support Breast Cancer research here, Arnotts produce a strawberry cream filled Tim Tam.

I prefer mint jelly for roast lamb rather than mint sauce.
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 17:38
the tim tams are apparantly sold here now in Tesco and Sainsburys Margi, incase any Aussie ex-pats here are getting desperatre ! lol what a good idea to launch a special strawberry one in aid of such a good cause     

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 09:29
I haven t seen Tim Tams in shops here, I found one in a supermarket in Palestine surprisingly! Must be an ex-pat thing for the Ozzy diplomats.

vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 21:28
I've never seen them in the shops here either, but then i haven't been looking for them lol they do come up as available online when we do my nans internet shop at sainsburys for her, maybe i will order her some lol

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 09:28
I tried to do it with a penguin the other day   not the same. 
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 09:39
have not seen them at Tesco's or Sainsburys either online or in the shop but they are available in uk

Clicky
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>