I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

odd food combinations!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 23:10
On the menu for lunch at the Hats house tomorrow: gammon ham cooked in coca-cola.

Yes, it's an unusual combination, but it's brill - a Nigella Lawson recipe that has become a family fave and I now can't cook gammon any other way.

Just thought I'd share...

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." - Robin Williams
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 17:28
hope you enjoy it cooked in your special way

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 17:44
Ham and Coke is quite common now. 
Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 18:13
Originally posted by Jonnyboy

Ham and Coke is quite common now. 

So I'm finding! The chef in our cafeteria at work tells me that Dr Pepper is now the thing. clicky or even with 7-up. Now that would be nasty!

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." - Robin Williams
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 10:36
Dr Pepper is evil and should be destroyed
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 17:19
Hasn't cola been a "secret ingredient" in BBQ marinades stateside for quite a while now?  Something in the formula has a tenderising effect on the meat (think what it does to your gums!) while the sugar caramelises on it as it cooks.

(Again, think what the evil brew does to your teeth!!! Cry)

"Perfect beef" recipe for Sunday roast in Pez house involves English mustard and maple syrup.  Lovely.  Mmmmm.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 17:55
not that unusual I guess but has anyone here done the Tim Tam Slam? fucking delish!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BHzMfZ1FaqA
mais View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote mais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 22:01
I quite like the sound of gammon and coke. Better than just having pinapple rings with it like we normally do. Think meat in general needs to have something added to these days. nod

My unusual combination of food is if I have a paste spread sandwich, whichever flavour I have to have cheese with it. I hate fish, but I used to enjoy the salmon and shrimp variety, but I think I added the cheese just to take the taste away originally, but I always do it now.LOLLOL

Johnnyboy just one thing, do you have to swear on the forum. First time I've seen someone do it. Swearing never has and never will be very nice, I do, do it myself, but doing it where other people can read it is not nice at all, and just lowers the tone of an otherwise pleasant forum. AngryAngry

Edited by mais - 15 Oct 2008 at 22:03
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 11:00
Mais, its my forum.....
Sammy View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Nurse Rachet

Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 11:04
Ooooops, Mais you may need to avoid reading my posts....as i just cant help myself
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 20:25
I like Rice and cheese mixed together as well.

I also just discovered Baked Beans and Cheese mixed together
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 10:16
beans and cheese is a classic combination

<y sis used to take it one step further though, beans cheese and marmite... which is just wrong
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 11:20
Originally posted by mais

I quite like the sound of gammon and coke. Better than just having pinapple rings with it like we normally do. Think meat in general needs to have something added to these days. nod

My unusual combination of food is if I have a paste spread sandwich, whichever flavour I have to have cheese with it. I hate fish, but I used to enjoy the salmon and shrimp variety, but I think I added the cheese just to take the taste away originally, but I always do it now.LOLLOL

Johnnyboy just one thing, do you have to swear on the forum. First time I've seen someone do it. Swearing never has and never will be very nice, I do, do it myself, but doing it where other people can read it is not nice at all, and just lowers the tone of an otherwise pleasant forum. AngryAngry

I think there is a difference in swearing to be nasty and swearing to make a point (which Jon's did) and as it is Jon and Alex's forum surely they can do what they like?

Edited by Bren - 17 Oct 2008 at 11:20
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 11:21
back to weird food combibations Eggs, chips, mushy peas and mayonaise Whistle
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 13:09
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mushy peas are baaaaaad

Claire86 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Claire86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 13:25
Originally posted by Jonnyboy

beans and cheese is a classic combination

<y sis used to take it one step further though, beans cheese and marmite... which is just wrong

As disgusting as that sounds, I'm incredibly tempted to try it! I'm a lover of cheese and beans mixed together, and marmite itself, I'll let you know what I think when I get round to it Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>