I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ashes to Ashes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ashes to Ashes
    Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 16:35
Anyone watch the first episode of this last night, or just me?

I had been looking forward to the show for ages, and wasn't disappointed.  I thought it was great - had me properly laughing at times - and, as with Life On Mars, included a fantastic soundtrack.

What does anyone else think?
supergeek View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Online Status: Offline
  Quote supergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2008 at 18:53
Ashes to Ashes was amazing (although Sam died D:)
As far as I'm concerned anyting to do with David Bowie and the past is frickin' awesome
alison2345 View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote alison2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 17:10
So far I am enjoying Ashes to Ashes. 
Love Alison.
didleyboo View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote didleyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 20:56
I loved Life On Mars but wasn't sure that a spin-off would work. So far so good tho' and I am especially loving the music. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 22:46
I particularly like the way Alex keeps referring to the other characters as "figments" and using finger-quotes when saying Gene Hunt's name, and how Gene retaliates by calling her "Bolli-knickers".

Priceless.  LOL  Hasn't disappointed at all yet.
alison2345 View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote alison2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2008 at 17:01
Originally posted by Strawberry Pez

I particularly like the way Alex keeps referring to the other characters as "figments" and using finger-quotes when saying Gene Hunt's name, and how Gene retaliates by calling her "Bolli-knickers".

I like that too.LOL
Love Alison.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2008 at 17:30
Bring back John Simm .....
Carol07 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote Carol07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 16:51
I am enjoying it but I prefer Life On Mars.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 22:40
Pez Jnr and Mr Pez think that too. 

Perhaps it's because I'm such an 80's girl and the music is much more my scene?  Or possibly it's how much Alex tries to analyse every little thing that makes me laugh (I studied psychology some time ago).  Then again, it could be Chris's efforts to turn himself into a 'new man' in order to impress Shaz...

Whatever, I'm enjoying it just as much as I did Life on Mars.  Thumbs%20Up
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 22:54
This show and Life On Mars completely passed me by. Is LOM out on dvd yet? I really would like to see it. I seem to only catch this sort of stuff when it's released on dvd. My PVR is lying in a corner gathering dust.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 15:44
Both series of Life on Mars have been out for a while now. Look out for the satellite dishes though in most episodes .... very non-1970s!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 19:52
Life on Mars is being repeated on one of the satellite channels too - can't remember whether it's Bravo... *disappears to check listings* ...yep, it's Bravo who have the re-runs - Fridays at 10pm.  Looks like they've screened up to Ep. 8 of series 1 so far.
staceywho View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote staceywho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 12:54
ive been loving this series esp the finale. i didnt even guess the clown was the dad lol x
MrTWS View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote MrTWS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 18:25
We loved Life on Mars, but just have not gone into this Ashes to Ashes
I wish they had maybe not done it, and just perhaps either left it, or just have Gene Hunt and his coppers in their own series

MrTWS votes 3 out of 10 Thumbs%20Down
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 00:02
I really enjoyed it.  There seemed to be more humour in it than Life On Mars (though that had it's moments too, of course) - unless that was just me misinterpreting the programme makers' intent and laughing when I shouldn't have been!  Shocked
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 21:41
Have been watching Life On Mars on iPlayer now that it's being repeated on BBC4. Only seen eps 1 & 3 so far (I missed ep 2 by mistake). I really like it! Pity it's taken me so long to get round to seeing it but I'm enjoying much more than I thought I would.
 Post Reply Post Reply