I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are you listening to most at the mo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2008 at 18:58
I do too I listen to it over and over again if I could as it explains how I feel about someone and I can't tell them that I like them Unhappy

It is beautiful Smile

Edited by Catwoman2k6 - 26 Jan 2008 at 18:58
maz007 View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote maz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2008 at 19:04
Poor you Catwoman Unhappy I hope he realizes you like him Smile I think listening to a song which describes how you are feeling makes you feel better 
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2008 at 19:11
I Have a couple of dance mixes of the track chunks though not by white snake have emailed them to ya
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2008 at 19:52
Originally posted by Bren

I Have a couple of dance mixes of the track chunks though not by white snake have emailed them to ya

Got em now Bren, thank you. I'm going on a download spree tonight so if I get my grubby mitts on any more Almighty remixes, I'll send them on. I've put quite a few things on my Multiply site recently too.
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 16:02
This morning I got my grubby little mitts on the first album (limited edition with free gig ticket, woo!) by the stunning young folk singer Laura Marling.

Other than that, I've still got LCD Soundsystem's 'Someone great', 'All my friends' and the whole Sunshine Underground album on heavy ipod rotation.

can't chuffing stand the HTwoO, basshunter crap that assaults my ears from mobile phones and chav cars lately [:'(]
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 16:25
Kerrang Radio (despite it being so repetitive) and Muse albums "Showbiz"  and "Origins of Symmetry" have been great companions recently.

There're mumblings in some quarters about getting Muse to do the next Bond theme, which would be magical.  I'm thinking something along the lines of "Uno" from Showbiz; something about the sound of the guitars and the tango rhythm of that song just scream Bond theme to me.  Embarrassed
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 21:00
Originally posted by Laura

This morning I got my grubby little mitts on the first album (limited edition with free gig ticket, woo!) by the stunning young folk singer Laura Marling.

Other than that, I've still got LCD Soundsystem's 'Someone great', 'All my friends' and the whole Sunshine Underground album on heavy ipod rotation.

can't chuffing stand the HTwoO, basshunter crap that assaults my ears from mobile phones and chav cars lately [:'(]

Tell me about LCD Soundsystem, Laura. I keep hearing about them and should probably just bloody download an album but I keep forgetting. Everything I've heard is positive.

I've also just discovered Rock Radio. I think it's just a local Glasgow station (could be wrong but all the presenters seem to be Scottish). They've been playing a lot of things I liked but never knew who did them, like Bruce Springsteen's Glory Days (that doo-doo-DOO-doo bit gets me). I only ever hear it when I get a certain taxi driver in the mornings when I'm running late for work (i.e. four days out of five) and it always puts me in a great mood. Scooting along empty streets at 7am with You Shook Me All Night Long blaring is just brilliant.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 23:51

I was in HMV the other day , browsing and was so overcome with the beautiful voice of the artist who was playing that I was moved to batter my way through the queue and politely ask the assistant who it was. It was the delightful Ms. Marling. Haven't heard someone who has made me do that for a LONG time!

I've just downloaded Adele and my next project is Duffy.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 23:53

I was in HMV the other day , browsing and was so overcome with the beautiful voice of the artist who was playing that I was moved to batter my way through the queue and politely ask the assistant who it was. It was the delightful Ms. Marling. Haven't heard someone who has made me do that for a LONG time!

Laura View Drop Down

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 19:39
Originally posted by Chunks

Tell me about LCD Soundsystem, Laura. I keep hearing about them and should probably just bloody download an album but I keep forgetting. Everything I've heard is positive.

You definitely should give it a go. Hard to describe as I'm rubbish at categorising music into boxes, BUT: electronic, punk, house, funky disco should about cover it. With funny, intelligent lyrics too ('Losing My Edge' is pure genius). But most importantly, if you have feeling in your body then James Murphy WILL make you dance (he's a one man band i think except live - talking of which, *outstanding* live).

Try Someone Great, Losing My Edge, All My Friends, Daft Punk is Playing at My House - best known LCDS tracks.
Laura View Drop Down

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 19:41
Originally posted by parissing2fish

Hurrah, another convert. Oddly, one of my fave songs (and what turned me on to her all those months ago) isn't on her album, that's 'New Romantic', it's on itunes and no doubt her myspace.

Love Adele's voice, I can't get into Duffy yet though I'm sure I will. Dusty comparisons I've read are unfair to both Dusty and Duffy though!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 20:19

Hurrah, another convert. Oddly, one of my fave songs (and what turned me on to her all those months ago) isn't on her album, that's 'New Romantic', it's on itunes and no doubt her myspace.

Love Adele's voice, I can't get into Duffy yet though I'm sure I will. Dusty comparisons I've read are unfair to both Dusty and Duffy though!!

Good grief, I replied to this days ago...but it seems to have fallen into a hole!

I think Duffy is more like Lulu than Dusty! But I get bored with everyone always being the "new" so and so!

and the other thing was that i have just discovered the wonderful Ting Tings! "It's NOt My Name" = brilliant !!!!
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 11:46
I agree about Duffy, she sounds nothing like Dusty Springfield. I got a promotional EP of hers and it's fab, not that much like Winehouse either - the similarity seems to just be in Mercy. Got Adele's, not at ALL into it. Downloaded Laura Marling's album but it's not my cup of tea. LCD Soundsystem - downloaded one of their/his albums, the one with Someone Great on it. I do like it! Need to get the others now.

You all really should have a listen to Alphabeat (see my thread).
Laura View Drop Down

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 22:11
love the one Alphabeat song I've heard

Oh and, the Ting Tings - another of my 'discoveries' i've been converting friends to for a while now - they're from this part of the land so i've seen them out and about a bit. Always fun and *very* danceable.

Good call about Lulu though I loathe her. ANd loathe everyone being the 'new' anyone - it's just so effing lazy, isn't it?
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 23:42

Good call about Lulu though I loathe her. ANd loathe everyone being the 'new' anyone - it's just so effing lazy, isn't it?

I've seen the Ting Tings on popjustice but I didn't listen. Will go there in a sec. The Lulu thing is true but Duffy's voice isn't grating like Lulu's (who I think is an old boot FYI). Nobody from Glasgow talks like that. Except Carol Smillie
Laura View Drop Down

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 16:08
Here's a recent acoustic Ting Tings performance
http://www.mtv.co.uk/overdrive/latest/id/101160

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>