I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting Edge Documentries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
*helen* View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote *helen* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting Edge Documentries
    Posted: 11 Jan 2008 at 14:43
Does anyone like documentries -with a human interest?

Cutting Edge starts up again in a couple of weeks with some interesting looking docu's lined up. The first one is called a Boy Named Alex, who is an amazingly talented young person in music..but has an illness that needs loads of drugs and input with massage and so on to keep his lungs free.
Looks like it will be very moving..
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 20:34
Thanks for posting about this Helen, I like watching stuff like this although I always have to keep the tissues handy.
Programs like this make you realise how lucky we are really, I mean most of the time all we've got to moan about is the price of petrol or a postal strike.
amanda091081 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote amanda091081 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 12:52
Hi people

Discovery does documentries this every Thursday if you like that sort of thing. The hardest one to watch was the boy whose skin fell off, did anyone watch this a while back? It left me crying for hours, i have a new found respect for anyone who has to deal with difficulties like that on a daily basis, I agree with you it makesyou realise how lucky you are.

If you get a chance try to watch one called the "half man, half tree". It approachs disibilities which are easily cured in the developed world but it shows you what can happen in extreme cases in ares were there is little or no health care. Really fascinating.

Edited by amanda091081 - 13 Jan 2008 at 12:53
Wah wah wee wah!!! Strictly come dancing is the best!!!
*helen* View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote *helen* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2008 at 00:52
thanks Amanda, i really like discovery channel but have not watched it for ages, I'm going to check these out , if they are the same time as cutting edge I can record it.

Did you watch a Boy Called Alex. I was so humbled and at the same time inspired. I honestly thought there would be some notice at he end saying he had died, I almost held my breath ..but thank god it was not the case..a truly amazing young man !
Miranda View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Miranda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 16:15
The one tonight looks good - it's all about insurance scams, the lies and the truths. I think the insurance investigator is working for Norwich Union. 
 Post Reply Post Reply