I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holiday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2007 at 00:50
Originally posted by Hevcat

Like...oh my GOD!! Jealous! And free food...

Free food tastes so fine!! They have ice-cream machines everywhere although they call them Youghurt macnies. You just go and help yourself. I put on a silly amount of weight. And the first day back here I got the current tummy bug and lost all the weight I had put on, lol !
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2007 at 09:56
parissing2fish, you mentioned the ice rinks - were the seas pretty settled when the shows were on? On the first cruise I was on (no ice rinks on that one), they cancelled one of the regular shows because the seas were too rough that evening.

Fantastic photos too. Which cruise line was it and where did you cruise to?

Edited by MargiABC - 29 Oct 2007 at 13:12
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2007 at 15:53
Good question , Margi. We were fairly lucky with the sea, but it was a BIG ship so "light" disturbance was all we really had. One night in the theatre there was a fairly big shift and the curtain behind the compere shifted noticeably , which tended to exaggerate the moment. The audience all gasoed and he laughed it off by saying "oh you noticed THAT one didn't you??".

As regards the ice shows though...there were oneor two slips when they tried extravagant jumps. I would think that the timing has to be utterly spot on bearing in mind that even a minor tilt in the surface you are going to land on is going to matter big time, whereas the audience might just notice that the ice in their drinks has "clinked" a bit.

It was the Navigator of the Seas, with the Royal Caribbean Line. The cruise was to Madeira, the Canary Isles and Vigo, in northern SPain.

I have MORE photies which I'd be happy to post if anyone wants.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2007 at 17:42
P, it all looks so grand!  Thanks for sharing the pics - gives me some ammo in my efforts to get Mr Pez on a cruise one day.  Wink

Glad you had a good time. 
Hevcat View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hevcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2007 at 17:43
Originally posted by parissing2fish

Originally posted by lisa

wow! briliant, it amazes me, all that on a ship, Fantastic!!
you are so lucky

And there was an ICE RINK, which put on two stunning shows...which sadly I was not allowed to film or photograph.

There was an ice rink!? THERE WAS AN ICE RINK!? This just gets better and better!!
Shakila View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote Shakila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2007 at 18:39
Those pictures are lovely. Iíve never been on a cruise, almost makes me want to wish I was there myself.

Pleased you had a good relaxing holiday Parissing2fish. Iíve always found it worse coming back from any hols. Returning to work and a stressful life again- back to reality.

Thanks for sharing the pictures
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2007 at 21:14

[QUOTE=parissing2fish]

There was an ice rink!? THERE WAS AN ICE RINK!? This just gets better and better!!

I've had a trawl through Youtube , Hevcat. This is part of the Ice show on one of the sister ships...it gives you an idea.

Excerpt from Ice show

The lead dancer on ours was Oxana Anichkina who they said had just won the bronze medal in the World extreme Ice-dancing Championships. In the first show , apart from skating in the choreographed sequences, her and her husband did a routine with various props including a bull whip and hula hoops...many many hula hoops!!

In the second show she did a solo routine suspended by "curtains" from the ceiling. A sort of aeriel gymnastic routine

Hevcat View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hevcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2007 at 21:34
Originally posted by parissing2fish

[QUOTE=parissing2fish]

I've had a trawl through Youtube , Hevcat. This is part of the Ice show on one of the sister ships...it gives you an idea.

Excerpt from Ice show

The lead dancer on ours was Oxana Anichkina who they said had just won the bronze medal in the World extreme Ice-dancing Championships. In the first show , apart from skating in the choreographed sequences, her and her husband did a routine with various props including a bull whip and hula hoops...many many hula hoops!!

In the second show she did a solo routine suspended by "curtains" from the ceiling. A sort of aeriel gymnastic routine

Oooh thank you . I saw something like that in the Euros (or was it the Worlds...?) Exhibition this year...amazing stuff =O
Rose View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Madam Whiplash

Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2007 at 09:54

Beautiful photos P/Fish ..

You cannot imagine all that on a ship ..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12