I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holiday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holiday
    Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 17:51
Someone, Veronica I think , asked so here are some snaps from my hols.

This is an area on the ship called the Royal Promenade. It runs through the middle of the ship on deck 5 and it's three floors deep. It's like a shopping precinct with shops, cafes and pubs, and they have "parades" there occasionally which are great fun. Above the shops are interior cabins which look onto it.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 17:55
This ia another view, featuring the cafe which stays open 24/7 with FREE food.Yummy

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 18:01
This was the island of Madeira. As we approached we were standing at the very front of the ship and had a great view of a huge school of dolphins who were racing all around the ship! Awesome.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 18:04
This is a closer view of the Madeiran capital , Funchal. While we were there we took a cable car up into the mountains where there is a village from which you can ride back down in wicker sledges. If you are mad !!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 18:07
These are some of the sledge drivers waiting to hurtle unwitting tourists into oblivion. We were put off by the fact that traffic was coming UP the same roads you were sliding DOWN!!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 18:10
This was on deck one night , when they put on a midnight buffet. One of the resident groups was playing and much frivolity was had. This was the "fruit" table with lots of carved fruit and an ice-sculpture in the middle.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 18:14
This is the deck and pool area on Deck 11, taken from the running track on deck 12!

another view

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 18:16
This the the Main restaurant. It's three floors deep.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 18:18
ANd these are acouple of very dark snaps of the theatre, which I think holds 1200.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 18:20
ANdd these are some of the "presents" left for us by our stateroom attendant. They are folded towels!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 18:22
Anyway, enough for now. Pip pip everyone.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 18:33
Great pictures!
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Online Status: Offline
  Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 20:25
Eek

I'm soooo jealous now...
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2007 at 21:31
wow! briliant, it amazes me, all that on a ship, Fantastic!!
you are so lucky

Edited by lisa - 27 Oct 2007 at 21:32
Hevcat View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hevcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2007 at 18:57
Like...oh my GOD!! Jealous! And free food...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2007 at 00:47
Originally posted by lisa

wow! briliant, it amazes me, all that on a ship, Fantastic!!
you are so lucky

And there was an ICE RINK, which put on two stunning shows...which sadly I was not allowed to film or photograph.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>