I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kaplinsky quits BBC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kaplinsky quits BBC
    Posted: 05 Oct 2007 at 14:41
Kaplinsky quits BBC

By Mirror.co.uk 05/10/2007

Natasha Kaplinsky will quit the BBC and join Five News, it was announced today.

She has been with the Beeb since 2002 and hosts the Six O’Clock News bulletin as well as major shows such as Children In Need.

Kaplinsky, 35, said: "After five incredibly rewarding years at the BBC, I found the chance to work with the team at Five too exciting to pass up."

Five plan to radically relaunch their news programmes and see Natasha as a key part of their new approach.
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

She will present the main bulletins at 5.30pm and 7pm, replacing Kirsty Young, who left in the summer and is joining the BBC as the new host of Crimewatch.

Chris Shaw, senior programme controller at Five heralded the Oxford-educated journalist as one of the country’s leading news presenters.

He said: "Natasha has proved she has real authority and with her BBC1 shows, she also demonstrated her warmth and star quality."

Kaplinsky started her career on local news and joined Sky News in 2000. She made headlines when she appeared on Strictly Come Dancing with Brendan Cole and the pair allegedly embarked on an affair.

She recently took part in Who Do You Think You Are? and traced her family back to the Holocaust.

The Mirror
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2007 at 15:37
I was shocked when I found out that Natasha has jumped ship and joined Channel 5 she will do well there. 

But I think she may come back in a few years time.
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2007 at 13:04
She is reportedly to be paid a million a year, lets be honest you can't blame her for moving can you. All she has to do is sit behind a desk and read an autocue.
I wonder who will be replacing her.
 Post Reply Post Reply