I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHO LOVES THAT CADBURY ADVERT????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cyanide-kiss View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cyanide-kiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHO LOVES THAT CADBURY ADVERT????
    Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 20:29
i dont know about you lot but that drumming gorrilla is AWESOME
haha x
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 14:00
I do, it's brilliant...

Adverts like that should be done more often it'll sell big!

Edited by killersbee - 30 Sep 2007 at 14:03
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Hevcat View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hevcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 19:51
I don't get it actually . Is that just me?
Rose View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Madam Whiplash

Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2007 at 07:30

Me too Heycat ..
Sammy View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Nurse Rachet

Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2007 at 10:44
Me 3, i don't get it either

Edited by Sammy - 01 Oct 2007 at 10:44
cyanide-kiss View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote cyanide-kiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2007 at 18:42
lol me neither, but i love it, gosh damn that sexy gorilla! haha
www.myspace.com/bipolar_goddessxxx
www.bebo.com/cyanide-kiss
lena4stefan View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2007 at 18:38
Sexy?!
I love the advert- I think the point of it is to get people talking about it and trying to work out the connection- IMO it's definately worked as even people at school, my dad's work, are discussing it, so as well as the TV advert it's advertising Cadbury's by word of mouth. I wish they hadn't cut the advert though, it ruins the effect

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2007 at 19:01
Hevcat, Rose & Sammy, I'm with you. I don't think there's anything to actually get though, it's just a guy in a gorilla suit. It's a bit different to other ads so the papers whip up a huge fuss because they're lazy twats who think putting Danielle Lloyd on the front with her baps out constitutes producing a newspaper (but that's another rant, and yes Daily Star, I mean YOU. I'd tell you to burn in hell but I don't believe in God either).

Anyway, back to the advert. No, it's not that good, it's just that a hell of a lot of people are amazed by any old shite.
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2007 at 19:48
Exactly- it's different to other adverts and makes people talk about it. This is the whole point of the advert because every time someone mentions it to someone else, it is spreading it by Word of Mouth and advertising Cadburys every time someone talks about it.  The definition of advertising is "creating awareness of a product/service", and this advert does this even to people who don't see it on TV because everyone is talking about it.
It has lots of distinguishing features and is unique, so while I'm not "amazed" by it, I think it's a good advert.
(And yes, I am studying promotion in Business Studies at the moment lol)

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2007 at 19:54
Originally posted by lena4stefan

Exactly- it's different to other adverts and makes people talk about it. This is the whole point of the advert because every time someone mentions it to someone else, it is spreading it by Word of Mouth and advertising Cadburys every time someone talks about it.  The definition of advertising is "creating awareness of a product/service", and this advert does this even to people who don't see it on TV because everyone is talking about it.
It has lots of distinguishing features and is unique, so while I'm not "amazed" by it, I think it's a good advert.

You're right. It's fulfilled its purpose in getting people to talk about the product but what I don't understand is all these people going "it's amaaazzzing" or saying how brilliant it is. It's actually not. It just grabbed their attention purely because it's different to what people are used to. I've had people gush about it to me and that's what I don't understand.
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2007 at 20:20
Originally posted by Chunks

Originally posted by lena4stefan

You're right. It's fulfilled its purpose in getting people to talk about the product but what I don't understand is all these people going "it's amaaazzzing" or saying how brilliant it is. It's actually not. It just grabbed their attention purely because it's different to what people are used to. I've had people gush about it to me and that's what I don't understand.
I personally haven't heard anyone say "It's amazing" but I agree that it's only grabbed their attention because it's different. I don't think it's absolutely fantastic but, like you said, it serves it's purpose and IMO is a lot better than most of the crap adverts on TV at the moment. I wonder how everyone reacted when they had a board meeting and someone said "I've had a brilliant idea! We have a gorilla playing the drums!", and how did anyone come up with the idea in the first place as it doesn't really have any obvious link to Cadburys?

HollieDollie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
Dan's Diva

Quote HollieDollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2007 at 11:56
That advert is the obsession of my media class!! We always manage to persuade our teacher to let us watch it.
The sub didn't buy it though...
pinkie_princess View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote pinkie_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007 at 19:58
i love it!! the guy who did our school assembly yesterday even talked about it!!
daisy View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote daisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2007 at 22:28
erm, well I like it!

I luv gorillas,[remind me of me hubby!!]
I luv that song, I luv chocolate!!!
put them all together, and whootwhoot!
Daisy http://www.myspace.com/jonivi

*helen* View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote *helen* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2007 at 00:24
well I though it was a bit dumb to be honest! i got emailed a link and I jusrt coukd not figure it ut at first. Maybe it does get people talking about it...but isnt the pointt omake you want to buy the product? it also seems a bit old as drummers seem ot be used for loads of ads ( wonderbra)

i did however like the spoof of the ad were the gorila went mental!
Lam Bada View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Lam Bada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2007 at 22:46
Have you ever seen the brilliant out take on this ad? There are some zany people in this world. Thank goodness.
 Post Reply Post Reply