I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

kath and kim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 17:19
Originally posted by vicki

dont think so yet here, we havnet been able to track it down, think it is out in Oz, but still not over here yet, hopefully it will be soon though and also hope that they will show series 4 on the tv soon, have you got the first two series on dvd? they are very reasonably priced now as box sets

Yep I bought them both separately when they came out. A guy who used to work in my office lent me series 3 as his brother used to send it over from Australia, I just want to be up to date.
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 13:24
Glad you already have them both, and have also watched series 3, just keep hoping series 4 is shown here soon

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 02:46
America will be making their own version of Kath and Kim. Gina Riley and Jane Turner, the series creators have sold the rights for America to make their own version. I don't know how well it will work over there, as America often make their own versions of British comedy shows as well. They will probably change some of the dialogue to make it easy to understand. They don't understand a lot of Austalian slang terms.
They are showing an Australian movie over in the USA now called "Kenny", a comedy about a plumber and I read that it is going to be subtitled for the US audience, even though it is in English, because of the slang terms.
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 16:38
thanks for the updates Margi, you always know the very latest Kath and Kim news good to hear the latest updates, i wonder how it will go down in USA, we certainly love it here, and "get2 the humour of it

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 08:59
The US version is finished and will be shown from 9th October in the US. It will air in Sydney from 12th October.

These are the following US adaptions:
Fountain Lakes is now Tampa Florida
Brett is now called Craig
Kel is now called Phil

Selma Blair plays Kim (The actress looks too thin and doesn't have a muffin top over her trousers)
Molly Shannon plays Kath Day.

The hair colour and clothes worn look very similar according to the promo photo in the paper.

"The American team have been working closely with the Australian creators and stars, Jane Turner, Gina Riley and executive producer Rick McKenna. All three are executive producers on the US version.
The US creative team were massive fans of the original series and have captured the Kath and Kim essence perfectly, albeit in an American voice"
The Sun Herald 20.9.09 (Sydney).
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 22:01
I actually saw a trailer for the American version on the channel's website (can't remember which one now) - it looks really good! If they do as good a job on K&K as they did the Office (which I love), then it'll be a belter.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 12:15
Here is the website
NBC Kath and Kim

When it airs in Sydney next month I'll give my opinion of it.

Edited by MargiABC - 23 Sep 2008 at 12:16
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 17:51
thanks for the update Margi, looking foward to hearing your opinions of it, we are still waiting for series four to be shown here....

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 11:07
I've just watched episode 1 of the US version of Kath and Kim. Episode 1 was really more like series 1 in one episode. Phil (Kel) owns a sandwich shop in the mall. Apparently the traditional butcher shop doesn't exist in USA, so they changed his shop to a sandwich shop.
Kim had the right attitude - bitchy, selfish and self-centred. Apparently the actress put on some weight for the role so she has a little pot belly and the muffin top over her shorts, but she still looked pretty thin to me.
Kath and Phil had the right clothes and look.
The trademark "look at me" catchphrase was never used. The closest to it was "Kimberley, Kimberley", without the exagerated tone.

Episode 2 has been advertised as being original US storylines.

Sharon, Kim's best friend is not part of the US show. Magda Subanski who plays Sharon in the original version owns that character as she was developed out of comedy sketches from other Australian comedy shows that Magda was associated with.

According to media reports, it out rated the first episode of the return season of Ugly Betty, but came in second in its time slot overall. It was panned by the critics. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the series goes in the USA.

Edited by MargiABC - 12 Oct 2008 at 11:09
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 18:02
thanks very much for the review Margi,very interesting to hear about it, don,t think you can beat the origianl version though, we haven't heard much about the US version here, wonder if we will ever see it?

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2008 at 14:44
They aired the second US episode here and they have now advertised the original series one of Kath and Kim in its timeslot. Your right Vicki, you can't beat the original. The US series really didn't get the essence of the humour from the Australian show.
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2008 at 16:51
I can't imagine that the US version would quite capture the humour (or should i say" yumour" lol )that the original did, and also ,it wouldn't be the same without Sharon,she is so fuuny!

vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 14:11
Good news for all UK fans of the show, series 3 is being repeated on BBC 2 Thursday nights, at 12:20 AM, two episodes at a time,

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 05:41
Noice, different, unusual: Kath and Kim's foxy film premieres in Melbourne

Red-carpet naturals Kath Day-Knight (Jane Turner) and Kim "Kimmy" Craig (Gina Riley) soaked up the spotlight at the premiere of their first big-screen adventure, Kath and Kimderella.

Arriving in a stretch hummer, Kim dazzled in a puffy pink gown and Kath turned heads in a turquoise jumpsuit, wowing the crowds at Village Cinemas Fountain Gate in Melbourne on Sunday night.

Best friend Sharon (Magda Szubanski) rocked a bling-tastic sequined netball outfit, while Brett (Peter Rowsthorn) and Kel (Glenn Robbins) went more casual for the ritzy event.

Celebrity guests included Ruby Rose, Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Libby Gore, and one of the show's guest stars, Shane Warne.

"Shane and I have got history because he loves a curly haired lass - well, any lass, really," Shazza told the Herald Sun.

While there were no baby cheeses, mango espadrilles or Prue and Trude in sight, the premiere was deemed a success by the foxy morons themselves.

"We love all our super fans who came to the premiere tonight! Enjoy the filum, we can't wait to hear what you think!" Kath and Kim wrote on their Facebook page.

Kath and Kimderella
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 09:41
I saw the movie today. You need to be a Kath and Kim fan for this movie. I enjoyed it and there were a lot of visual gags - take note of the authors of the books Sharon is reading or she has by her bedside. I was the only one in my group who noticed the authors. The Masterchef episode on the TV was actually aired in Australia in July.

Kim is just as selfish and self-centred as ever and a lot of the actors who have appeared in the series are there too, but as different characters. Prue and Trude make an appearance too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123