I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bringing Up Baby - C4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bringing Up Baby - C4
    Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 10:50
Anyone else see this?

That old witch (the one notibly without her own children) using the 0's technique...! What the hell!

Leave your kid outside by itself for hours on end, mummify it to put it to bed, never go to it when it cries and no eye contact?

Surely no one would use this method seriously anymore? yet she gets paid 1,000  day to train new parents
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 12:34
I caught the last half hour of this couldnt believe my eyes I so didnt like the 0's technique I was shouting at the TV at the mother to go get the baby, it could of had a pain, needed burping poor mite only days old aswell, I would never of done the experiment. also did you see for next week when the baby brought most of her bottle up? no wonder being fed every 4 hours the poor baby may not be hungry. I will be watching next week but its not good for my bloodpresure.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 14:20
it was one extreme to the other really wasnt it?

The happy clappy woman, seemed a bit away with the fairies with her approach also.
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 22:14
Originally posted by Jonnyboy

it was one extreme to the other really wasnt it?

it was wasnt it, I didn'nt like the sling thing that couple had, I couldnt of done that
I never followed any rules I just went with the flow really and learned as I went on but the strict woman was the worst
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 09:58
so the Dr Spoc way eh?
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2007 at 22:10
oh god Jonnyboy when I read your reply I thought of Star Trek and wondered what you meant didnt realise Dr Spoc was one of the bringing up baby ways...
so yes I did it the Dr spoc way
lena4stefan View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2007 at 22:50
I was brought up the Dr Spock way too- I think it's best to just work out your own routine as every baby is different...
I couldn't believe that 50s old witch woman- the poor babies are only days old and she is treating them like they aren't even human beings. Yes, fresh air may be good for babies but leaving them for 3 WHOLE HOURS outside on their own when it's cold certainly isn't. The poor mother with the twins was almost hysterical when the witch left them outside and wouldn't let her go to them when they were crying. She offered to babysit while they went out- I certainly wouldn't trust her with my kids, I'd be worried sick about them with her.

JustSmile View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote JustSmile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2007 at 21:45
I cannot believe this program. I hope that it's a spoof. The worrying thing is that I think it is for real. The 50's so called mentor's advice is scary. How can she ignore the developments in the last 50 years. Hello?! I cannot believe she get's away with charging for her input, she should be charged!!  I just hope that people will realise how ridiculous and dangerous her advice is. The sad thing is some people will try anything when they are feeling desperate and it is a pity that people like our so called 50's mentor are allowed to take advantage of people in these situations...and their children!

Edited by JustSmile - 09 Oct 2007 at 21:46
 Post Reply Post Reply