I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Live Final 1st September - With Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
smudge View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2007 at 21:01
not got round to watching it yet. had to record it as at work & will probs catch up with it weds, however after reading Brens reports dont think i'll bother watching the voting!! role on scd, at least that generally seems fairly accurate in its voting results (with the odd blip here & there e.g. eastenders spencer moon - sorry cant remember his name)
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2007 at 00:37
Hi all. Have been on a much needed holiday and missed most of the Eurovision. From what I've read, this was no bad thing!

Actually, I managed to see the end of the voting and saw the Finnish couple's freestyle dance and really enjoyed it. I thought they showed some good body control. Plus great music (I LOVE that song    )

Anyway, I was quite dismayed to see Brendan and Camilla slaughtered - clearly the voting was political. I haven't always liked their choreography, but I watched them on You Tube and I thought that they were poised, elegant, technically spot on (with the exception of one fumble from Brendan and an 'almost' wardrobe malfunction!) and easy on the eye.

I've watched a few dances on YT and here's my thoughts:

Ireland: Awful. Kudos to the couple for taking this on, but this was the sort of standard I would expect to see in a beginners comp. I could have forgiven them if their Irish dancing was spectacular, but it wasn't.

Germany: Their freestyle was odd. I didn't like it. It was bitty, posey, not much in the way of interconnecting steps. Same goes for their Samba. More than a few times they reached their marks and had to wait a beat for the music to catch up with them. Amateur. Actually, less than that.

Austria: Pirate Paso was wierd. I loved the music, very dramatic. Costumes too fussy with the fringing and too black.

Poland: I really liked their Cha Cha. Cheeky and slick, although it could have had a bit more personality. Didn't like their freestyle at all. Although she did a lovely develope.

Ukraine: great Quickstep. Light, fast, good use of facial expression (which is often sadly missing from a lot of couples but which, IMO, is essential to any performance)

Portugal: Jive was fine, maybe a touch too heavy. I liked the hat gimmick. Not sure about the costume - maybe something much shorter and more sassy would have been better.

Greece: dreadful costumes! With a few tweaks this routine could really have worked. As it was, there were too few Jive mvoes to make it recognisable as such. I didn't get the clockwork doll thing at all! The 'Zdaki' was fun. Energetic and enjoyable, even with the un-authentic ending!

NEtherlands: I enjoyed their Cha Cha despite the fact that it contained only six Cha Cha Chasses and so mightn't quite be classed as a Cha! Still, very nice. The girl reminds me very much of Cyd Charisse. I really like their Rumba (sorry, freestyle dance!). She didn't dance - she undulated!

Anyway, as expected - we were stuffed over! Voting was a joke and we really should not have expected much more. Maybe next year we should enter Lilia and Darren Gough or Erin and Peter Schmeical!

Roll on SCD!

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234