I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Live Final 1st September - With Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 22:07
Ireland lying in third never danced latin in their lives until 4 weeks ago, and danced like raw beginners their showdance barely better. Brendan and Camilla experienced Champions and barely been marked - WE MUST NOT TAKE PART NEXT YEAR

Edited by Bren - 02 Sep 2007 at 10:50
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 22:16
Results

First Finland not my winners had them 4 th or 5th
2nd   Ukraine should have won
3rd   Ireland extremely embarrassin and a total farce

Brendan and Camilla next to last with only three countries marking them a TOTAL DISGRACE

Edited by Bren - 03 Sep 2007 at 13:19
stella View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote stella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 22:18
The voting has been so pathetic but then again: it was a Eurovision contest
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 22:23
Was Terry Wogan doing the commentary ? He's the only thing that makes Eurovision watchable. His piss taking is hilarious
stella View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote stella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 22:28
No, it was Bruno Tonioli and Len Goodman
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 22:30
Terry is fab for the song contest Bruno and len were ok if a bit dim at times going away to have stiff drink am disgusted
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 22:50
Originally posted by Bren

For Brendan and Camilla to be embarassed like this is really not on and if it is held next year I doubt you would get a top line British Couple to do it.

Totally agree .... perhaps next year we should submit Andy Pandy and Looby Lou instead. Feel so sorry for Brendan and Camilla.
stella View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote stella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 23:03
@ Butterfly
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 23:06
I didn't actually watch the show so can't comment but @ Butterfly anyway !
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2007 at 00:26
Oh, goodie - I hoped we all might be limbering up and practising our critiques to hone ourselves for the next series of SCD by watching the Eurovision Dance thingy! :D
I thought it was hilarious from bell to bell, and although the voting turned out to be predictable, I actually liked the Finns, Ukrainians and Russians the best!
I could hardly believe the two foreign people who were representing the UK used the tired old 'Save your kisses for me' frock ripping off stunt - neither, apparently, could the other nations involved who demonstrated how tedious they found it by not giving 'us' many votes!
Thought that Norton and that clown Claudia plumbed new depths of ineptitude throughout - why, for instance, was Norton doggedly translating the scores into French? For whom? The French weren't involved and few of the other nations who actually were involved use French as their second language.
Almost all of the foreign presenters (who had at least bothered to get glammed up to the nines unlike Claudia, the Deathshead kid) fell victim to the joint inanities of the 'Out of their Depth' duo - I feel in me water that a complaint may be issued from Latvia - note to Norton:- taking the p*ss out of foreign people striving to professionally present and speak English is about as funny as the Black Death and made the programme overun!
Looking forward to tons of fun when SCD rears its head again, but that's all for now!

Aida - an to the last drop!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2007 at 00:39
Aida!!!! glad to see you back!!! yes SCD starting the end of this month expect you here reporting for duty then my Blood pressure was boiling with the show tonight am glad its over we will not get a couple to represent us if its run next year that is for sure

Edited by Bren - 02 Sep 2007 at 00:45
Pamela View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Pamela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2007 at 11:37
How can the UK be second from bottom, should have been 3rd or 4th at least, the voting was a farce, but I wasn't surprised and I agree that we shouldn't take part next year, I don't think that any pros would want to after last night.
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2007 at 11:59
I thought the British Entry was really good we deserved alot more points than we got.  I didn't like the Finnish dancing much well not the freestyle anyway.  I liked the Irish dancing I thought they were ok.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2007 at 12:38
I've not watched part 2 yet, but from the first round I thought we should have been top 3.  I've recorded the rest as I had to go to work, but also DD asked me to record it for her (she was having a sleepover at a friend's last night so missed it too).  So now I've read Bren's commentary (thanks Bren) I shall watch it with DD later with interest, knowing the outcome and reading Bren's comments about each couple. 

videkissa View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote videkissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2007 at 22:46
Originally posted by Bren

No 16 Finland dancing another paso to a dirge boring and morose and what has this to do with Finalnd - Boring

As a Finn, I feel I have to respond.
The music was an interpertation of Metallica's Nothing Else Matters by a Finnish classical ensemble called Apocalyptica. They also performed during the interlude at this year's Eurovision song contest.
The mood of dance, full of sorrow and grief, corresponded perfectly with the Finnish spirit.
Boring, maybe to some viewers, but absolutely 100% Finnish.

Edited by Bren - 02 Sep 2007 at 23:06
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2007 at 23:09
Hi Videkissa and thanks for your post, I didnt mean any disrespect to the Finnish dancers - part of the problem with the show was the commentrary which in the UK was done by Len and Bruno from SCD - they did not have the information you have given us and were saying more or less what I did.

Had the commentary been informed and told us it was to do with a Finnish dance regarding grief and sorrow I would have seen how apt their performance was

I do hope you will be with us for SCD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>