I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Show
    Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 15:53

The BBC, BBC One, and EUROVISION TV are proud to present a new live entertainment coproduction: the Eurovision Dance Contest! The Dance Contest is an international competition for qualified ballroom dancers, in a showcase of European excellence.

London, home to almost 8 million people, is one of the world's most classy and vibrant capitals. So, what could possibly have been a better location for the first edition of the Eurovision Dance Contest then the UK capital? On Tuesday, 28th of August, delegations from 16 countries ond organizers will gather at the London City Hall for the official Welcome Party. After rehearsals on Wednesday and Thursday and dress rehearsals on Friday night and Saturday morning, Europe will tune in for the biggest live televised European dance competition on Saturday evening, 1st of September, 21:00 CET.

The show will be transmitted live from the BBC's Television Centre and will be hosted by Graham NORTON, one of the best known presenters on British television who joined the BBC in 204, bringing with him his own unique blend of humour, and Claudia WINKLEMAN, host of Strictly Comes Dancing's sister show It Takes Two on BBC tw
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 15:55
The show has indeed caused some controversey, not withstanding that there has been an 'official' European Championships run under official BCBD rules for the last 80 years.  This programme has not taken into consideration rankings or currently competing couples and does not include any of the top current European champions.

Indeed the Beeb Inivited Brendan Cole to represent Britain and he got back with Camilla to do so - a bit of a farce but worth a watch
dancing gal View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote dancing gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 18:09
I found the show very very boring and stopped watching after Camilla and Brendan did their second dance. Very disappointed as I had been looking forward to it.
On the Internet I am anyone,
I am anything I want to be.
I could be a super model or Norman Mailer
And you wouldn't know the difference Or would you?
 Post Reply Post Reply