I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nesbitt Tipped As New Dr Who

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 14:25
hmmm, what about having a female doctor?
(no doubt there's some technical, geeky reason against this... i'll await instruction from CPie )
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 17:58
Is it true that Catherine Tate is lined up to be a new companion? I really didn't like her in last year's Christmas episode. All that shouting *shakes head* I wonder if Minogue'll turn out to be an alien in this year's, she's looking more like Jocelyn Wildenstein every week.

And yes, Laura, a female Doctor would be great. Any preferences? _popupControl();
Laura View Drop Down

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 10:31
Originally posted by Chunks

Is it true that Catherine Tate is lined up to be a new companion? I really didn't like her in last year's Christmas episode. All that shouting *shakes head* I wonder if Minogue'll turn out to be an alien in this year's, she's looking more like Jocelyn Wildenstein every week.And yes, Laura, a female Doctor would be great. Any preferences?

so i hear I don't like the woman apart from sweary nan. she's a better actress than comedian, but she's not that good an actress.

As for female doctors, well i don't know - there's a wealth of excellent actresses out there. it'd be nice to have someone break the mould. how about Zoe Wanamaker? think she'd be fab - superb actress, great sense of fun and excellent comedy timing. Amanda Redmond (is that her name? the one in New Tricks) very strong, sexy type, from "New Tricks"). Also, Sarah Parish for a younger female Doc - yes yes she's been a baddy but i like her lots and i think she'd be very good too. just please not caroline quentin or amanda burton, over-used, over-hyped or what?

(and by the way, what do you control with your pop-up? )

Edited by Laura - 06 Aug 2007 at 10:32
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 10:53
I'm not quite sure  what this popup control  is but let's refer to it as my magic wand.

Totally agree with all the actresses you just said, any one would be great. Just NOT Nesbitt! What about Siobhan Redmond? She's quite stern and authoritative.
_popupControl();
Laura View Drop Down

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 11:00
oh yes good idea, and good comedy too (Smoking Room). i think the comic tough is important.

Nesbitt's blackened hair in Jekyll really scared me there was one advert where he just reminded me of Papa Lazarou from League of Gentlemen, which was just plain wrong.

papa lazarou

Edited by Laura - 06 Aug 2007 at 11:03
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 11:11
Ha!  Papa Lazarou is easier on the eye, wouldn't you say? I hope they don't ever approach Mark Gatiss for the role, he seems to pop up on everything and I'm not keen on him unless it's the League Of Gents or Nighty Night. I don't like it when he does 'serious'.

Off topic - The Smoking Room is brilliant. Has it ever been on terrestrial? That guy with the crosswords cracks me up.
_popupControl();
Laura View Drop Down

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 11:25
hmmm, not sure, think it's just been BBC3 but may have been veh late night BBC2 at some point?
You can't tell when things will transfer from digital really, Drop Dead Gorgeous (the Manc comedy drama thing about a chavvy girl becoming some kind of supermodel) is now on BBC1 as a new drama, it was on BBC3 last year, definitely a good number of months ago.

Edited by Laura - 06 Aug 2007 at 11:26
MarksShineBabe View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote MarksShineBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2007 at 16:01
I read that somewhere else and I don't think it is true...
A reformed Red Wine Obsessed Time Lady.
I am now a Gareth David-Lloyd obsessed Fan Girl!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12