I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lena4stefan View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    Posted: 29 July 2007 at 11:23
Has anyone seen the film? What did you think of it? I thought it was quite good but not a patch on the book- I understand that they can't fit everything in but they missed some important parts out- no quidditch in the whole film! Also, when it ended Voldermort's side had the prophecy and isn't it supposed to smash before anyone can find out what it says?

Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 12:57
I went to see the film on the 20th.  I thought that the film was quite good it was better than the Goblet of Fire.  Although I thought that it did miss a few of the main points in the book.  Yeah the Phrophecy was meant to smash but I think Harry heard what it said before that happened.  I thought Snape would of been in the film more often as I am sure that he was in it more often in the book as he was teaching Harry how to do the thing were he can block what he is thinking.  Gary Oldman was good as Sirius Black I admit I started Crying when he died as I like Sirius. Embarrassed
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 13:56
Grrr at you lot!  I've been resisting Harry Potter forever but I'm almost about to give in. Tch! I bet I love it. _popupControl();
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 15:43
Oh you will Chunks LOL the books are better than the films though
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 15:48
That's generally the case Catwoman. I've yet to see a film that I preferred to the book version. *sigh* right I'll pick the books up this week. I officially give in. _popupControl();
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 15:50
Yay we have succeeded lol LOLDance

Tell us how you do Big%20smile
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 22:17
Just seen this thread I saw the film last week I enjoyed it but the book was better, I loved the bits in the book where Snape went back in time to when he was at Hogwarts they were much more detailed than the film.
Harry is looking mighty fine

Let us know what you think of the books chunks, I never dreamed I would be reading them when my son got the first video for his birthday, I think I'm more of a fan than him now
tim_tim View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote tim_tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 12:20
a lot of things are different about the film than the book:
-the prophecy broke in front of harry and neville and nobody hears it whereas in film they hear it before it smashes.
-marietta edgecombe tells umbridge about the DA but in the film it is cho chang
-when harry sees his dad bullying snape it is throught the penseive in Snapes office, however, in the film he sees this memory through occlumency

there were others which i cant really remember now. despite this, i thought the film was beter than GoF and really good but nothing compared to the book.WinkEvil%20Smile
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 16:34

I agree that the films are nothing to the books- you'll love them Chunks; I don't know how you've resisted reading them for so long with all the hype around them. My favourite book personally is the Deathly Hallows, the 7th book. I think JK rowling is writing for the generation as they grow up though because there was such a contrast between the complicities of book 7 and the simple plot in book 1 (I started re-reading the lot after I read book 7- I'm now on the Order of the Phoenix).

Like tim_tim said, there are so many differences between the book and the film Order of the Phoenix, some of which will be hard to rectify because they are important for book 7. I think that Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood played the part very well though.

tim_tim View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote tim_tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 01:19
i agree with you lena4stefan that Evanna Lynch was v.good as Luna Lovegood as well as Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange!  they were both just as i pictured them whilst reading!
salasally View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Dan's Diva

Quote salasally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 03:23
i really enjoyed the film and in fact enjoyed it even more after watching it a second time. i agree i thought both helena bonam carter as bellatrix and evanna lynch as luna were very well cast and exactly as i imagined. I have to say though that although i thought the lady who played tonks did a fine job, she just didnt fit with how tonks looked in my head, i kind of imagined her as looking a bit like the actress Anna Friel i suppose      ( lol she probally only looks like that in my imagination)

Edited by salasally - 04 Aug 2007 at 03:36
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 09:54
I agree evanna lynch as luna was perfect just as I imagined her aswell, also the pensive was just as I imagined and the scene when Harry goes into the pensive and wasnt that Dr Who? forget the name of the part he played now.
tim_tim View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote tim_tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 13:13
salasally,  i agree about tonks- she did well but was just nothing how i pictured her whilst reading! i imangined here to have a mousy face (probably just because she had mousy hair) and a bob haircut that constantly changed colour!!EekDance

Edited by tim_tim - 04 Aug 2007 at 13:14
xSophx View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote xSophx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 13:40
Love the film, was fantastic!
strictly come dancing 6 favourites

Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2007 at 17:20

Tonks didn't look how I imagined her for me either, though I think quite a lot of the characters in films where there have previously been books don't live up to your imagination. I can't describe why but both Lupin and Mad-eye Moody look nothing how I imagined them, whereas Lucius Malfoy looks exactly how I think of him- I love his hair! lol.

Hevcat View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hevcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2007 at 11:14
I loved Luna, she was BRILLIANT! Thought the film was quite good...but yeah they missed out a lot. I suppose if they didn't though the film would be about 7 hours long lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply