I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This live Earth concert thing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This live Earth concert thing
    Posted: 06 July 2007 at 22:10
Is it not a bit hypocritcal of these 'stars' to start pontificating about global warming when they frequently use helicopters, limmos, and aeroplanes to get around. Not to mention the many watts of electricity they use every time they put on a gig.
And they moan because we leave our tellys on standby.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 13:27
Well said!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 13:41
Perhaps their view is "don't do as I do" but "do as I say".   
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 12:29
I watched bits and bobs of it...and I just enjoyed it as a concert. I think I will be a little bit more careful in future , so I can't see why it can't be a good thing. As someone said, the success ( or lack ) will be something that will be seen by our grandchildren. We all have to travel , so I'm not sure why the current means of transport of the acts would really be an issue. What they do in the future is. Anyway, leaving aside any arguments as to whether or not the acts were hypocrites...I thought it was quite good fun as a concert.

I missed the top of the bills in the US ...but I really enjoyed Metallica, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park. Madge was simply immense once she finished her eco song!

I had to laugh at Ricky Grevious when he walked on stage and said "I don't care if Elton John is ready or not, I'm only on here for 30 seconds!" - and got a huge cheer!. Will he never learn?

Missed the RHCP though...and apparently they were wonderful.
 Post Reply Post Reply