I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glastonbury 2007

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glastonbury 2007
    Posted: 23 June 2007 at 00:17
Hurray, GLASTONBURY is back at long last, weve waited two long years for it to return and finally here we are. Is anyone lucky enough to go, or has ever been in the past? Im not going, although i would love to, but i am happy enough to watch it on tv, in the comfort of our living room, no mud or rain . Who is everyone looking foward to this year? I am most excited about The Killers headlining the pyramid stage on Saturday night, they are one of my all time favourite ever bands, and i first started to really love them after seeing them on tv at Glasto 2005, so great to see them again Im sure they will be brilliant again this year
hope everyone enjoys this years festival, whether you are going or not, i think it must be the biggest and best festivals of the summer

Edited by vicki - 23 June 2007 at 00:18

supergeek View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote supergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 00:22
I'd LOVE to go but sadly schoolwork beckons and we're a bit low on cash here so I'll wait until I've finished my studies then be prepared for the mud and possibly a floating tent. I've been watching it on the BBC and have the guide to it from this weeks NME. Fratellis were incredibly engaging IMO
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 10:26
Think it's been absolutely dreadful so far this year, with Kasabian being the only thing I've really enjoyed. Absolutely shocked by Paolo Nutini's performance...looks like he could give Docherty a run for his money soon!

Looking forward to Dame Shirley though today.

BBC coverage has been atrocious on interactive...I think I've seen the Magic Numbers about 20 times so far. And they cracked me up on Friday night by resolving the issue of Kasabian or Arcade Fire by showing Amy Winehouse in the Jazz tent instead!

Edited by parissing2fish - 24 June 2007 at 10:26
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 13:34
Only really saw the last 10 minutes of The Killers last night (it was my bro's wedding yesterday), but enjoyed what I saw. 

There were a couple of classical/spanish guitarists on the highlights afterwards that did an instrumental cover of Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" - different and interesting.  It was amusing to hear the audience providing the vocals themselves, especially when it suddenly got loud for the "How I wish/ How I wish you were here / We're just two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl" bit - seems everyone knows that part! LOL 

Wish I could remember what the performers names were though, as they were really good.
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 16:22
Pez they are Rodrigo y Gabriela and yes i enjoyed that too. Some of the acoustic performances on BBC 'studio' have been really lovely.

Arctic Monkeys were excellent, as were Arcade Fire. The Killers also looked good but I didn't see all their coverage. The coverage has been a bit hit and miss and - certainly Friday night - it felt like I saw the same bits more than twice!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 12:48
Interactive coverage appalling throughout. Major acts hardly covered at all yet minor acts repeated ad nauseam!!

In the end, Apart from the might Kasabian I was impressed with the consistent performance of Paul Weller, and the Manics who, as always, were excellent. Kaisers also rocked. John Fogerty was outstanding and so glad I caught his act.

Bands that enhanced themselves in my eyes were undoubtedly Editors and Maximo Park.

People I was not familiar with who I enjoyed were Amp Fiddler, Just Jack, Scott Matthews , Seth Lakeman, Jamie T. Absolutely loved Seasick Steve too!

People who I found surprisingly great fun were the Go! Team and......Mika, who I really really enjoyed to my amazement.

But the name that I came out of this with the purpose of investigating at length was Mark Ronson. Their(his) set was wonderful. EVerything I enjoy in a performance.

ANd the star...for me without a doubt, Dame Shirley. Words that are overused about some of todays mediocrity like "class" and "legend" all applied to her. As dear old Louis would say....she owned the stage. Although I was slightly disappointed that she didn't wear wellies!

Edited by parissing2fish - 25 June 2007 at 12:55
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 15:00
Originally posted by Strawberry Pez

There were a couple of classical/spanish guitarists on the highlights afterwards that did an instrumental cover of Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" - different and interesting.  It was amusing to hear the audience providing the vocals themselves, especially when it suddenly got loud for the "How I wish/ How I wish you were here / We're just two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl" bit - seems everyone knows that part! LOL  Wish I could remember what the performers names were though, as they were really good.

Yes, as Laura pointed out this was Rodrigo Y Gabriela. One of the "nice" moments....but a very simple tune to strum along to......much more impressive was his "Stairway to Heaven " later in the set...which really was a bit special
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 02:13
I would love to go to Glastonbury too, it must be such an expereince, not just for the music but for everything the festiavl is about, it is magical. We taped all of the BBC coverage, but havent had time to watch it yet, saw a tiny bit of The Killers set and from what I saw it looked totally brilliant, i cant wait to watch it all properly sometime. Hope everyone enjoys all the other summer festivals, T in the Park next weekend looks good too. You cant beat a good english summer festival

Laura View Drop Down
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 10:24
or even a good Scottish one!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 11:59
Originally posted by vicki

I would love to go to Glastonbury too, it must be such an expereince, not just for the music but for everything the festiavl is about, it is magical. We taped all of the BBC coverage, but havent had time to watch it yet, saw a tiny bit of The Killers set and from what I saw it looked totally brilliant, i cant wait to watch it all properly sometime. Hope everyone enjoys all the other summer festivals, T in the Park next weekend looks good too. You cant beat a good english summer festival

I don't know how long it's available but the coverage on the BBC website is much more enjoyable than anything they televised, in my opinion. bbc.co.uk/glastonbury
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 00:57
Originally posted by Laura

or even a good Scottish one!

oops, yes OF COURSE I meant BRITISH festival silly me!!!     or any festival in any country but i think the ones over here are legendary even though Ive never even beeb to one!

Post Reply Post Reply