I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Reading Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what are you currently reading?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 33>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 17:43
I've just finished The Devil Wears Prada which was predictable enough but still enjoyable. Before that it was The Woman In Black, a lovely creepy ghost story. It's not very long so I whizzed right through it. Has anyone seen the stage version of this? I wanted to go last year but it was a bit short notice so couldn't. I hear it's quite scary.

I'm onto Loop now, which is the third part of the Ring trilogy.

Edited by Chunks - 28 May 2007 at 17:43
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:08
Nope haven't seen the stage version but know people who have and they said its great and very scary.

Currently reading Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow, its not out in the shops yet but its very different thats for sure!
Its a werewolf story, set in modern day and very different from your normal werewolf type of thing...but most importantly the whole novel is written in prose! Would recommend for when it gets in the shops.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:10
more info here and the first chapter: http://www.sharpteeth.co.uk
Entry Code: LA365
lena4stefan View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 20:10
Originally posted by Butterfly

I've read The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult (and most of her other books).   You'll have to let us know what you think of it. I'm just about to start her latest book, the one with "19 minutes" in the title.
I've just read the Tenth Circle- it's the first book of hers that I've read. I thought it was quite good  but the bits in/about Alaska got a bit boring IMO and I didn't think the end did the rest of the book justice- I knew who killed him by 2/3 of the way through so I thought they gave tou too many clues. I thought it was a good plot and storyline though and an enjoyable read overall.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 20:40
Don't let this put you off Jodi Picoult's books. The Tenth Circle was my least favourite and I found it quite boring in parts - her other books are much better.
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 13:01
I agree Butterfly, fav so far has to be The Pact try and read that one lena, also liked Perfect Match the twists were super.
jelly25 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
Dan's Diva

Quote jelly25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 12:32
Just read the Pact,I couldn't put it down sigh,more late nights, but worth it.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 18:40
Jodi Picoult has another "new" book out (just found out it was published in January) called "Second Glance" .... I've reserved it at the library:

When a plot of land is being developed in Vermont against the will of a local Native American tribe, strange things begin to happen - and Ross Wakeman, a paranormal investigator, is asked to get involved. He's a desperate drifter who's taken up ghost hunting in an effort to cross paths again with his fiancee, who died in a car crash eight years ago, but he has yet to experience anything even remotely paranormal. Then Ross meets Lia...As a seventy-year-old murder case is reopened, a shocking secret about a crime of passion long past is revealed.

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 03:12
Is Jodi Picoult a supernatural type then?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 15:35
No! Most of her books start off with some sort of crime and then about the last third is devoted to the court case. They're usually page turning and quite often there's a twist at the end.
alto View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Dan's Diva

Quote alto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 22:26
I'v just read the tenth circle, it was better than I thought it would be.  The next 2 books for me to read are honey moon by amy jenkins and lonely hearts by john harvey.  Don't have a clue what they are about, start to read them some time this week.
supergeek View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote supergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 00:19
I'm reading Lord of the Flies at the moment. I find it incredibly interesting and engaging and can see aspects of boys I know in the characters as well as noting the emphasis on civilisations and control
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 08:37
I'm reading Lucy In The Sky BY Paige Toon, very chick lit
lena4stefan View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 14:26
I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince again in preparation for the 7th book next month...can't wait

xSophx View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote xSophx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 12:34

The Notebook

strictly come dancing 6 favourites

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 15:40
Couldn't get into Jodi Picoult's "Second Glance", which was written several years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 33>