I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Reading Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what are you currently reading?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 33>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ice girl View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ice girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 23:15

take that

i love dancing on ice
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 14:23
Finished At Risk a couple of days ago.  Not one of Cornwell's best (long way down the list, actually) - more like an extended short story than a novel and nowhere near the number of twists that I'd normally expect. On the contrary, the twists were predictable in the extreme.  Roll%20eyes

Now re-reading Neil Gaiman's book of short stories "Smoke & Mirrors".  Can't remember much as I originally read them several years ago so it's like reading them for the first time again, which is great.  Big%20smile
Jens View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Dan's Diva

Quote Jens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 21:40
Originally posted by Pippa

Originally posted by lisa

[QUOTE=Laura]
THEN it's back to chick lit . In this month's She magazine there's a free book PLUS free bar of choccie - look out for that!

oh must look out for that cheers Laura
well mines totally chick lit books mostly
nearly finished, Where Have All The Boys Gone by Jenny Colgan,   brill
not sure what to read next
Think I might read, The Pact by Jodi Piculot [sp]
The Pact is really good, read it a while ago but certainly kept you guessing till the end, the only thing was it kept jumping from now to 20 years ago, or where they were in their lives, which was a bit confusing.x[/QUOTE

I have read most of Jodi Picoults books, the pact was good, but i think the best book i have read by Jodi Picoult was My sisters keeper.
Jen :)
Jens View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Dan's Diva

Quote Jens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 21:47
Originally posted by Pippa

I got afew of Richard and Judy's best reads but found them quite slow, The interpritation of murder was ok, but only got half way, the girls was very slow, Restless, William Boyd was good, aout a spy, but I gave up then, thought they'd possibly picked themblind, but that's my opinion!
xxx

I have just finished reading the girls, i agree at first i found it slow but have to admit i did get into it in the end. I'm reading my best friends girl at the mo, about two best friends, one has a fling with the other ones husband which results in a child, they stop talking but the friend whose husband it was receives a letter from the other one years later and tells her she's dying and wants her to adopt her child.. that's as far as ive got at the mo... seems good though!
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 22:23
I have read My Best Friends Girl Jens its a good book

Going to start Perfect Match Jodi Picoult.
Jens View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Dan's Diva

Quote Jens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 19:53
It seems good so far Lisa, i got that and Perfect Match from the library so that's my next read... then i'll probably read nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult
witty View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote witty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 15:48
A boy called it by Dave pelser (its the triolgy so has 3 storys) and its a good read :)

http://moods.proboards41.com/index.cgi
salasally View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Dan's Diva

Quote salasally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 00:29
Originally posted by witty

A boy called it by Dave pelser (its the triolgy so has 3 storys) and its a good read :)

i've read all three of these books and yes found them a good read but truly truly disturbing as well.How could anybody do those things to a child, especially a mother treat her son like that?! The abuse he was forced to endure was just horrific
witty View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote witty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 15:30
i've read all three of these books and yes found them a good read but truly truly disturbing as well.How could anybody do those things to a child, especially a mother treat her son like that?! The abuse he was forced to endure was just horrific

i agree it was very sad it was one of them books you cudnt put down and had to keep on reading.......i admire dave for telling hes stroy and admire him for who he is today and the fact that he is trying to help others that have been abused in some way .........i hear he has wrote more books? but i havnt seen them and wudnt know where to get them :( but i wud deffo like to read them .

http://moods.proboards41.com/index.cgi
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 13:31
Originally posted by Jens

It seems good so far Lisa, i got that and Perfect Match from the library so that's my next read... then i'll probably read nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult

reading Perfect Match and having son's myself find it quite hard to read at times, really good though she has me drawn in and I can't put it down, next one to read by Jodi is Salem Fall's.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 15:27
I've now read all of Jodi Picoult's books ..... currently reading the instruction manual for my new digital camera. I could be reading this for some time!
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 20:59
Originally posted by Butterfly

I've now read all of Jodi Picoult's books ..... currently reading the instruction manual for my new digital camera. I could be reading this for some time!

@ Butterfly, Have you read The Godmother? really good read

Edited by lisa - 17 May 2007 at 20:59
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 21:08
Have just had to look this one up on Amazon! Do you mean the one by Carrie Adams? From the blurb, possibly not my sort of book, I tend not to read chicklit books.
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 00:06
Its not really chick lit, yes its funny etc but its a really moving book had me in floods of tears at times. normally I give my friends my books after I have read them but not this one I will re read this at some stage one of my favourites.
matt+dan=win View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote matt+dan=win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 17:22
what an easy h/w i got finished reading book and do a review and it s in for 3 odd weeks it was and i said to my english teacher it would be done by the end of the week and she said it wont and i said you wanna bet and she betted 20 I wouldn't and I did lol. Iread the ast three hundred pages in two days and did the report the next day i handed it in lol. soi got 20 lol.

Jens View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Dan's Diva

Quote Jens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 19:44
Originally posted by Butterfly

Butterfly!! I got a digital camera for xmas, didn't actually read the instruction manual though i've found in most cases the best way is trial and error!! Never have been good with instructions!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 33>