I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Reading Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what are you currently reading?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 22:12
a friend just gave me Jo Brand's book, looking forward to that.

Half way thru Sharon Osbournes, she's a bit crude isn't she, and that's coming from broad-minded me!!! (or maybe i'm becoming narrower of mind, as i get older....lol)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 11:34
Just coming t the end of Angelology, it is a nice read and quite a good story. It basically covers the same type of story lay out as a lot of psudo-histroric mystery novels such as Dan Brown. 
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 23:36
I'm reading comedienne Linda Smith's Biography (Driving Miss Smith).  It was written by her partner shortly after she died

Edited by Eviesmum - 06 May 2010 at 23:37
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 15:24
Abandoned all my other books, as bought and read Patrick Swayze's book by him, and a couple of introductory paragraphs by his wife Lisa Haapeniemi
Very sad, now as obviously he died last year, but an enjoyable read, about his life growing up as an athlete/dancer/cowboy  etc..in Texas.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 12:23
I've given up with the Mary, Queen of Scots biography and am onto The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory. I've pretty much just watched the whole story in series 4 of The Tudors but I can't get enough anyway.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 12:37
I am now reading Warwick Davis's Autobiography Size Matter Not - I'm really enjoying it so far.  He's completely bonkers but fantastic at the same time.

I quite fancy the Patrick Swayze one as well.
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 13:40
i'm two thirds of the way through the beautiful, magical and almost fairytale-like "The Girl with Glass Feet", by Ali Shaw.

Recommend it very highly
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 17:22
I'm on the last third of 'Gentlemen and Players' by Joanne Harris.

Bit of a departure for her, her stories are always set in France but this one is about an English public school. Also her first thriller too. 
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 04:42
Have borrowed 'To Kill a Mockingbird' from a friend.  Funny really, I've known her for so long and a short while ago I told her that since I'd never read it I thought that I should, then she told me that it was her favourite book ever !!

I now have a well thumbed, much read copy in my posession, which I am working my way though.  Anyone here read it?

Laura View Drop Down
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 12:19
Wonderful book Thess

I have this morning finished Middlemarch. Meh, left me a bit cold for much of the book. But I'm intrigued to see the recent-ish TV adaptation and see what they made of it.

I'm currently doing a 19th century novel course with Open Uni so have recently (in the last 4 weeks) read Northanger Abbey, Jane Eyre, Dombey and Son and Far from the Madding Crowd. On to Germinal today...
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 12:26
Currently just finishing Declare by Tim Powers, took a bit to get into but i very good read. 
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 14:11
reading torey hayden ghost girl  haave a few of hers to read
all based on her class room experiences. Those kids have had some terrible things done to them
moonshine
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 07:27
I am now reading Janet Evanovich - Two for the Dough.  Funny read.  I've read it before - its from a set of books of which I've only read the first six..... There's 15 altogether. Shocked
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 07:02
I have just ordered the new Diana Gabaldon book - the illustrated version of Outlander or Cross Stitch. It was only published last month.

I discovered I can order books and some DVDs through Amazon UK (Deborah and James told me ages ago I should try them). They even convert the cost to Australian dollars before I pay. I can't wait for it to arrive. they send me emails to say when it was posted and when it should arrive. That's service.

Edited by MargiABC - 16 Oct 2010 at 07:05
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 09:15
I got the book on Friday - that's about a week.

This is my first graphic novel, like a comic book. It was interesting and a very abridged version of Cross Stitch or Outlander, although it is supposed to be from a different viewpoint.
Chels2010 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Chels2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 09:05
The book ive just finished and absolutely love was I Love Charlotte Bronte by Michelle Daley it is a true and very moving story i really recommend it.xxnod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233>