I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Reading Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what are you currently reading?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 33>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 21:49
I've read The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult (and most of her other books).   You'll have to let us know what you think of it. I'm just about to start her latest book, the one with "19 minutes" in the title.
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 21:57
really getting into The Tenth Circle, I found it hard going to start, I bought nineteen minutes the other day.
Pippa View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Pippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2007 at 22:18
Just starting to read 6th Target, by James Patterson, read the first 5 and there fab, so hopefully this one will be to. Really enjoy his Alex Cross series as well.
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 21:24
I have just started reading Rupert Everett's Autobiography it's really interesting.  But the book I have just read was A Place called here by Celiea Ahern it was a really good book.LOL
matt+dan=win View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote matt+dan=win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2007 at 16:32
Originally posted by lisa

Originally posted by matt+dan=win

just finished West End Girls by Jenny Colgan going to start The Tenth Circle By Jodi Picolut next.

I want to read that you will have to say if it is any good and where can you get it from?

which book are you on about? I got both from Tesco

Tenth Circle.

lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2007 at 21:02
well I'm really enjoying it but it all depends how old you are [don't tell me]
I wouldnt say its a book for younger readers touches on some subjects not suitable for some.
cracking read though just love her books
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 15:39
"This Book Will Save Your Life" by A.M.Homes.

PROBABLY the best book I will read all year. Quirky tale about a man whose life is so regimented that he has lost track of all he values and whose life is transformed by a mysterious crippling pain which causes him to end up at the ER, and then to a chance encounter with a Doughnut maker who helps him change , and perhaps save, his life. Some laugh out loud moments in a book that COULD become a classic. It has already been compared to "Catch-22" and "Catcher in the rye".

lena4stefan View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 22:04
I'm currently reading Persuasion by jane Austen (trying to broaden my intellectual horizons), and Deception point by Dan Brown. I can't seem to get into that like all of the other Dan Brown books though- he is my favourite author at the moment. I think the two best books I've ever read are The Da Vinci Code by dan Brown, and Don't Wake Me at Doyles by Maura Murphy- about an Irish woman who moved with her husband and 9 children to Birmingham, and basically her life story. It's very interesting and also kind of apt for me, being of Irish descent and coming from Birmingham. I don't think anyone else will have read that though as it's not that well known I don't think. I've also read recently A Child Called it by dave Pelzer and The Little Prisoner by Jane Elliot- both about children who were abused by their parents.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 17:59

really getting into The Tenth Circle, I found it hard going to start, I bought nineteen minutes the other day.

I found The Tenth Circle quite hard too .... not one of her better books. Have just finished "Nineteen Minutes" - recommended and, like many of her books, there's a twist at the end!   
Pippa View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Pippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 20:16
I finished the 6th Target, by James Patterson, it was fab, as normal.

Just starting 'Close' by Martina Cole, not sure how it's gonna pan out as her last few have been poor, so we'll see.

Will let you all know.

xx
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 22:28
Originally posted by Butterfly

I found The Tenth Circle quite hard too .... not one of her better books. Have just finished "Nineteen Minutes" - recommended and, like many of her books, there's a twist at the end!   

I enjoyed Tenth Circle but not as much as The Pact, it was a bit strange in places looking forward to Nineteen Minutes. I also have Perfect Match by Jodi to read Have you read that?
matt+dan=win View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote matt+dan=win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 00:50
I am also now reading eragon peter pan and the star catchers rebel cargo my story of the titanic evil star and ravens gate.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 12:28
Recently finished Nevewhere by Neil Gaiman (fantastic read).
Just started Patricia Cornwell's At Risk.  Haven't made my mind up about it yet.

Between those I took my regular monthly dose of Spiderman, Batman, Superman, and X-Men comic books.  They were great fun as usual.
(Yes, I am 40 and still read comics) Embarrassed
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 17:05
Lisa, I've read all of Jodi Picoult's books. The only one I didn't enjoy was The Tenth Circle. She's got a few more coming out this year. Jodi Picoult is also on Gloria Hunningford's programme early tomorrow (Sunday), BBC1.
d0lphin View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote d0lphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 20:19
I've just started Broken by Martina COle.
Will look out for Jodi Picoult onGloria Hunniford tomorrow, thanks for th info.

I didn't think the Tenth Circle was one of her best but not the worst either, it got better as it went on.
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 22:49
will look out for her on Gloria H show in the morning Thanks Butterfly

she has quite a few books doesnt she? I have been looking on her website

Do you know the titles of the ones she has out this year?
I was reading about The Death Row book, I think thats due out this year.

I'm reading The Godmother by Carrie Adams at the minute.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 33>