I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Reading Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what are you currently reading?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
d0lphin View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote d0lphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2007 at 14:25
My favourite one by Jodi Picoult is Keeping Faith but I also liked The Pact and My Sisters Keeper. Plain Truth is really good too.
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 14:01
I'm on the look out for more of her books, Her new one Nineteen Minutes is out now ,have you read that?

The Pact was amazing, brilliant read I would recommend it to everyone and no its not chicklit

Pippa View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Pippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2007 at 23:51
I'm currently reading Jeffrey Archer, False Impression, it's actually set around the time of 9/11, but it's 7 different things that happen, that are all related in a weird way, half way through and so far brilliant.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2007 at 12:56
Still reading that Yorkshire Ripper one. It goes into so much detail about everyone involved and I'm still only halfway through. Next puchase (on Friday) is Season Of The Witch. Thanks to Jon for bringing it to our attention, it's right up my street. And Natasha is very nice too (according to the lovely reply she left me on myspace).

*EDIT* Can I just recommend In Cold Blood to everyone? Takes a few chapters to get into but it's well worth it.

Edited by Chunks - 18 Apr 2007 at 12:57
matt+dan=win View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote matt+dan=win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 17:52
I am reading the darren shan trilogy's at the moment.

lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 22:48
just finished West End Girls by Jenny Colgan going to start The Tenth Circle By Jodi Picolut next.
salasally View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Dan's Diva

Quote salasally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 02:20
I'm very embarressed to say i'm reading a real chicklit book called "can you keep a secret?" by Sophie Kinsella. I'm really enjoying it

Edited by salasally - 25 Apr 2007 at 02:21
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 22:43
I've read that salasally great read, have you read any of her Shopaholic books? they are good to
salasally View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Dan's Diva

Quote salasally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 22:50
hiya lisa, phew atleast i'm not on my own with my enjoyment of chick lit then....
yeah i read the first of the shopoholic books and really enjoyed it! We've got the entire shopoholics series i think so when i get chance i'll read them.

have you read any jill mansell or catherine alliott books lisa? they're two very funny authors as well      

Edited by salasally - 25 Apr 2007 at 22:50
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 22:56
got one of jill mansell's to read Still Thinking of you [I think] just never fancie reading it don't know why, I must give it a go

oh I could be here all night about chick lit

just read Jenny Colgan's latest it was a good read.

not read any catherine alliott I'll look out for her
salasally View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Dan's Diva

Quote salasally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 23:01
i loved catherine alliotts "the old girl network" it was the first one of hers i read. If you get chance then give it a go!

Edited by salasally - 25 Apr 2007 at 23:02
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 23:03
I love Sophie Kinsella's books, I've read all of the Shopaholics (apart from the brand new one) so many times and Can you keep a secret is really good too.    

Why are people embarrassed about chick lit? I'm not the most avid reader of it but I think a lot of it is still really good story telling.
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 23:11
Originally posted by ashleigh

Why are people embarrassed about chick lit? I'm not the most avid reader of it but I think a lot of it is still really good story telling.

don't know why people are embarrassed, I think alot of people think you are not really intelligent if you read chick lit but thats not the case reading is about enjoying the book aswell
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 23:16
Exactly what I think too.
matt+dan=win View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote matt+dan=win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 16:42
Originally posted by lisa

just finished West End Girls by Jenny Colgan going to start The Tenth Circle By Jodi Picolut next.

I want to read that you will have to say if it is any good and where can you get it from?

lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 21:45
Originally posted by matt+dan=win

Originally posted by lisa

I want to read that you will have to say if it is any good and where can you get it from?

which book are you on about? I got both from Tesco
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>