I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Reading Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what are you currently reading?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what are you currently reading?
    Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 15:32
Thought I'd start this otherwise we end up on loads of single book threads - and this one can just grow and grow

i'm currently reading:
Medea by Euripides
An excellent, extremely dramatic greek tragedy. I am reading it as part of an educational course, so i haven't quite disappeared up my own pretentious backside , next up is Wide Sargasso Sea - again for my studies. I've read it before and it's ok, but not exactly a fave.

THEN it's back to chick lit . In this month's She magazine there's a free book PLUS free bar of choccie - look out for that!

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 15:36
Currently Tom Holt - Only Human
first one of his to read and not overly getting into it it has to be sad.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 15:51
About to start C J Sansom's "Winter in Madrid".
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 00:21
Loads of books and articles on editing Old English manuscript texts, particularly with reference to editions of Beowulf (for my studies).

For pleasure, I'm part way through Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere". 

Seem to be on a bit of a Gaiman roll at the moment - recently read "American Gods" and "Anansi Boys", both of which were excellent.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 09:56
I've read most of gaiman's books, he is a very funny writer, Anansi boys is my favorite though I think
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 10:16
Just finished  Master of Souls by Peter Tremayne

I enjoyed it read Lepers Bell earlier in the year too really reading them out of sequence but if you like mysteries based in ancient Ireland you will enjoy

Pippa View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Pippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2007 at 23:42
I'm currently reading a Lynda La Plante, above suspision, read Bella Mafia, cold shoulder, cold blood and cold heart and a few other stand alone books, but this seems to be good so far.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 00:07
I'm almost finished In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. Loving that. I've also just started Evil Beyond Belief, about the Yorkshire Ripper. Recently I got halfway through The Plot Against America by Philip Roth but to be honest, not a lot is happening so I've put that to one side. I'm terrible for doing that. Did the same with Fatherland by Robert Harris and Tales Of The City by Armistead Maupin. Fatherland seems ok but I'm not doing any more than two books at a time, and with TOTC I've already watched most of the series on dvd so it seems a bit pointless now.
Pippa View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Pippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 00:15
I got afew of Richard and Judy's best reads but found them quite slow, The interpritation of murder was ok, but only got half way, the girls was very slow, Restless, William Boyd was good, aout a spy, but I gave up then, thought they'd possibly picked them blind, but that's my opinion!
xxx 
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 15:39
Originally posted by Laura

THEN it's back to chick lit . In this month's She magazine there's a free book PLUS free bar of choccie - look out for that!

oh must look out for that cheers Laura
well mines totally chick lit books mostly
nearly finished, Where Have All The Boys Gone by Jenny Colgan,   brill
not sure what to read next
Think I might read, The Pact by Jodi Piculot [sp]

Edited by lisa - 06 Apr 2007 at 15:40
d0lphin View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote d0lphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 22:52
I've just started Angel's Rest by Charles Davis, it's supposed to be a bit like To Kill a Mockingbird which is a great recommendation! It seems really good so far.
Hannah!x View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hannah!x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 23:00
I'm Quite Alot Younger Than Others here i guess [ teen years ]

but i still Love Reading I'm reading at the Mo

Best Freinds For Never
a Clique Novel By Lisa Harrison

Its Not Really Anyting Like Other Moden Teen Girl Books Its Really Good i'm only part way through but it tells a normal girls life how it is rather than all about being popular and that Really good Book !
Pippa View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Pippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 23:30
Originally posted by lisa

Originally posted by Laura

oh must look out for that cheers Laura
well mines totally chick lit books mostly
nearly finished, Where Have All The Boys Gone by Jenny Colgan,   brill
not sure what to read next
Think I might read, The Pact by Jodi Piculot [sp]

The Pact is really good, read it a while ago but certainly kept you guessing till the end, the only thing was it kept jumping from now to 20 years ago, or where they were in their lives, which was a bit confusing.
x
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2007 at 10:47
The Midnight Side - Natasha Mostert, fantastic read
supergeek View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote supergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 15:21
What we believe but cannot prove, from various sources
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 17:21
Originally posted by Pippa

The Pact is really good, read it a while ago but certainly kept you guessing till the end, the only thing was it kept jumping from now to 20 years ago, or where they were in their lives, which was a bit confusing.x

I am LOVING The Pact, its a really good read, should be finished today, can't wait to see the outcome, the other book of Jodi's I read was My Sisters Keeper, I enjoyed that one but the Pact is better imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>