I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Brand New Bitch Thread*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 11:19
Originally posted by parissing2fish

Been there , done that, lol ! Had to stop for several reasons.

1) Fruit and Vegetables. I like to pick the freshest , the person who picks them for me likes to slip in bruised apples and manky veg!

2) Sell by dates. I like to shop for a week and then FULL week. The person who picks it seems to work by the rule that if the "sell by date " is later than TODAY, then it's ok. One week I had several items that expired the next day.

3) Substitutions/ No alternatives. Sometimes when you ask for Corn Flakes you want Corn Flakes NOT Rice Krispies, you know what I mean?? And sometimes , when you ask for three loaves of bread , you expect them to turn up! One week (my final attempt) I was missing bread and milk! The poxy thing is , of course, that if stuff doesn't turn up , you have to go to a local shop and pay well over the odds, which makes the whole exercise pointless.
AAARGH!! I know exactly what you mean.  

This is precisely the reason why I only ever used "Sainsburys To You" twice - and the second time was only because I was cajoled into giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Grrr.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 15:14
New one - Ipod cover made of rubber to look like a tyre - nuff said
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 15:47
Are you admitting to having one Alex?

Re internet shopping ..... become a food snob - use Waitrose. Their service is flawless.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 16:50
Must say, last time I shopped at Waitrose, the number of damaged packages and tins on the shelves was most off putting.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 20:25
Never shopped at Waitrose - there isn't one anywhere near me.

I ordered a protective cover for my Creative media player and, after I'd opened the box to fit it, found that the only thing it protects is the back - which is made of metal!  The screen isn't protected at all by this expensive piece of holey* leather.  Grr.

*as in loads of stupid holes in it, rather than having any divine blessing.
Jelly777 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
Dan's Diva

Quote Jelly777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 21:11
Originally posted by Strawberry Pez

*as in loads of stupid holes in it, rather than having any divine blessing.

HEHEHE!!!
Bless Dan, he's a cutie!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 18:04
Why do shop assistants insist on putting your change in your hand with the receipt, then any notes and finally the loose change piled on top? It's soooo annoying.

And also, whilst on the subject of shop assistants, why do most of them now say, instead of "goodbye" or even "thank you" .... "see you later". Are they asking me out on a date?
matt+dan=win View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote matt+dan=win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 18:40
Would you be complaining if that was Matt Butterfly.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 18:47
Erm .... Matt's not a shop assistant!
lena4stefan View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 18:54
Originally posted by Butterfly

Why do shop assistants insist on putting your change in your hand with the receipt, then any notes and finally the loose change piled on top? It's soooo annoying.
lol Butterfly- totally agree. You pay then have to deal with your product(s), receipt, change, and are expected just to move out of the way while the next person gets served...I generally just shove it all in my pocket which means I end up thinking I have less money than I actually have as I have mountains of change in my pocket

Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 18:57
Originally posted by Butterfly

And also, whilst on the subject of shop assistants, why do most of them now say, instead of "goodbye" or even "thank you" .... "see you later". Are they asking me out on a date?
Could be worse Butterfly, my mom works at Asda and the woman in front of her was constantly saying, "Have a safe journey home" to EVERY SINGLE customer, must have got so annoying hearing her constantly saying it for the whole shift...

emma x View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Dan's Diva

Quote emma x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 20:34
i like this thread
but i dont have anything to bitch about!!!
xxx xxx

Edited by emma x - 22 Mar 2007 at 20:34
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2007 at 21:04

My bitch today is teachers setting huge amounts of holiday homework. I broke up form school today, and have homework from 9 subjects- the vast majority of which is essays or projects that are going to take ages. I also have to revise as I have GCSEs in May and June (not all of them, just 2 papers that we take early but they're still GCSEs).  All I ever do is work (and come on the blue room to get away from it all lol), so I was looking forward to the hols as a time to relax, but it doesn't seem that's possible. They don't seem to appreciate that everyone also has about 12 other subjects as well as the teacher's own, and think we have loads of time spare in the holidays in order to do all of it.

I love this thread so much...it really helps to just say everything

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 15:10
Originally posted by Alex

People who keep the plastic films on mobiles and other screens to 'keep them clean and free from scratches' It is plain wrong and I feel compelled to peel them off straightaway *

Speaking of labels ..... people who go abroad on holiday and leave those annoying large airport labels on their handbags, camera cases, buggies etc etc when they are out and about. If they're worried about losing their property why not mark it discreetly!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2007 at 06:14
My bitch is about school. Don't you just hate it when teachers make you work really hard in the heat. Yesterday it was boiling and the first day of term but our teachers made us work in really hot classrooms and then they shouted at us for not concentating. Also our headteacher made us all wear our blazers and it was like 25C. Does she want us to overheat or something?
Pippa View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Pippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2007 at 00:41
Originally posted by Alex

People who keep the plastic films on mobiles and other screens to 'keep them clean and free from scratches' It is plain wrong and I feel compelled to peel them off straightaway

I work in a mobile phone shop, and the amount of people who want the plastic film left on, and put it into a case is unreal, stupid people!  They don't realise that dirt still gets underneath and scratches the screen so take it off and oh.... what a shame sticky marks and scratches. Ha ha.

Also agree with the change, note and receipt thing, why do it, you can't put it all away at the same time!

Car park charges, what can I say... 4.00 a day, unreal, when I first started parking there it was 2.20 a day!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>