I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

arcade fire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: arcade fire
    Posted: 06 Mar 2007 at 14:53
anxiously awaiting delivery of this wonderful band's new album - Neon Bible - and i'm off to see them on Thursday - can't effing wait, should be brilliant. i've cut down on gigs this year but couldn't resist this lot. one of the most amazing live bands i've seen

anyone else a fan?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2007 at 15:18

Never seen them live, but I like what I've heard.  Hope you enjoy the gig, Laura.

Laura View Drop Down

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 09:13
excellent gig. seemed a bit lacking in something but that's cos the apollo's sound is always a bit poor.

the band were superb, wonderful musicians who put everything into all their performance and just have fun. and the rousing Power Out and Rebellion (Lies) were just amazing. After Power Out, Win ran through the front of the crowd (where i was, i'm a little bit in love) and motioned for everyone to rush the stage. so about 30 people got on which looked fun.

When the band played a few dates in London recently they did 'Wake Up' in the foyer one night afterwards and one night in the middle of the hall. As far as i know they didn't do that in Manchester - and they didn't play Wake Up at all - which was a shame but doesn't detract from the excellence
Laura View Drop Down

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2007 at 16:26
The new album, Neon Bible, is every bit as good as I was hoping for. And after the genius of "Funeral" that's a tall order to match up to!

Stand out tracks are the two I already knew, "No Cars go" and the (new single?). "Keep the Car Running" which is short but perfectly formed. But "My body is a cage" is also rather lovely. And the rest are pretty darn good, especially with more heavy listening i fancy.
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2007 at 01:21
My brother went to see Arcade Fire in London last week, said it was excellent!!

daisy View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote daisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 18:00
just got their cd, love it..xx
Daisy http://www.myspace.com/jonivi

Post Reply Post Reply