I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What foods/drinks do you dislike?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lena4stefan View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 18:18
I'm quite a fussy eater really but the main foods I can't stand are: bananas (I have a bit of a phobia of them and I can't eat anything that's been in the fruit bowl if it's been near a banana so the bananas have to be in a separate bag), mature cheese (especially blue cheese- we had to do a blind taste test in year 2 at school when I was about 6 and I tasted some blue cheese without realising and I was almost sick) and beetroot (I once went for a pub lunch and they put beetroot on the salad so all the beetroot juice ran underneath the lasagne so I couldn't eat most of it as all I could taste was beetroot). I'm also kind of semi-veggie- I don't eat lamb because I couldn't bear to think of eating little baby sheep, but i think I might become full veggie because I almost always think of the animal that the meat has come from and find it hard to eat.
I'm not keen on fizzy drinks- my favourite drinks at the moment are mineral water and J2Os.

Dans Chick View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Dans Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2008 at 15:40
I can't stand pork. lamb or steaks. Milkshakes make me urge too ! lol
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2008 at 21:00
Foods: I can't stand rice pudding, custard, trifle, prawns, eggs or broad beans.

Drink: Can't stand guinness, whisky, vodka, sherry, coffee.

Edited by veronica - 17 Feb 2008 at 21:07
pinkie_princess View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote pinkie_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 16:12
omg i love all of those foods and i also love vodka!! i was in new york over christmas and we were in the bar of our hotel and in the US you have to be 21 to drink - i ordered a vodka/lemonade martini and they didn't bat an eyelid!! and i'm not even 18 till august! *should NOT be admitting to this!!* LOLLOL i hate cheese and parsnips! probably loads of others too but can't think of any more at the mo!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 21:49
I hate soft cheese such as philadelphia. We had to make cheesecake in food tech but even though mine was chocolate flavoured, the philadelphia cheese totally put me off from eating it.
Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 21:54
I am totally unfussy and eat most things, but for some reason I can't stand melon. Confused I mean, it's so boring and harmless - doesn't taste of anything really, but EUGH!

When I was a teenager I hated most vegetables (probably on principle) and thought that one of the nicest things about being an adult would be that nobody could tell me to eat my vegetables! Well, they could tell me, but I wouldn't have to take any notice.

Of course, I now love my veggies...

Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote pinkie_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 21:57
omg i love melon! everyone is posting stuff i like!! lol i've thought of another thing i don't like - cauliflower (sp?) don't know why i just don't like it

Edited by pinkie_princess - 23 Feb 2008 at 21:57
Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 22:13
Originally posted by pinkie_princess

omg i love melon! everyone is posting stuff i like!! lol i've thought of another thing i don't like - cauliflower (sp?) don't know why i just don't like it

Perfect spelling!Smile

Cauliflower is a difficult thing to like, IMO. I don't mind it, but I don't buy it either. It's one of those foods that I wouldn't miss if an intergalactic virus wiped it from the face of the earth.

As a family, we are quite adventurous about food. When my son was about 8, he was very curious to try frog's legs, which they sold in a local tapas bar, so that was his birthday treat that year. Then we just got in the habit that every year, for his birthday, he had to try something that he'd never eaten before. He's had kangeroo, ostrich and crocodile, as well as the more normal things like snails, octopus and squid. Mind you, it got expensive the year we were in Greece and he had a whole lobster for his birthday treat!

My fussy daughter, on the other hand, existed for years on fresh air and Coco Pops. My mother still remembers with awe the Christmas lunch when everybody tucked into the traditional meal, while my daughter ate a ham sandwich...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 22:37

Awww, I used to be just like your daughter! I'm still a really fussy eater though I'm more open to trying new foods. I generally tend to eat something if I've cooked it because I know exactly what's in it. The list of foods that I don't eat is still quite long though. I posted a list of what I don't eat last year. It's on page2 of this topic. I used to hate pasta but we went to Italy last year and now I like some pasta.

Am I the only person who hates the taste of coke?
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 22:47

Being on Placement I have discovered I dislike

Coffee (I already disliked it) the smell makes me feel ill
Horlicks makes me feel ill the smell off
Weetabix makes me feel ill and the smell off.
Sherry the smell off makes me ill.
Sprouts
liver
tripe
Nuts although I like Cashew
there are more.
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote pinkie_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 23:04
omg how can I forget sprouts!! every time we have a roast my mum puts them on my plate even though she knows I hate them. Its like I'm just gonna change my mind overnight! I also hate nuts though when I was little my dad always had peanuts when he got in from work and I used to love putting them in my mouth and sucking the salt off!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 23:08
My parents have eventually learned not to give my sprouts. I don't eat with my parents at mealtimes, they just cook a meal for me and leave it out for me to heat up and eat whenever I want. They normally put broccoli on my plate which I hate so I just throw the broccoli away. I can't stand nuts either, I love peanut butter though!

I'm a kinda vegetarian, I eat fish but I don't eat meat or poultry.
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 23:11
I hate Peanut Butter it makes me ill.

Although I like it when Mum makes a sauce with peanut butter as you are unable to taste it.
k@ty View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote k@ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 23:36
me, my sister and my brother are all very fussy, when we were all at home my mum ending up making 4 differnt meals each night as no-one liked the same food. Im kind of a vegetarian its just that i don't like the taste of it i find it horrible i will eat any type of vegtable though my brother is the complet oppersite to me he loves meat and hates vegtables the only veg he will eat is peas thats all he also loves jam sandwiches thats what he has had evey day in his lunchbox since his first day at school and even now he still had a jam sandwich eveyday for lunch at uni
live each day to the full, you never know when it might end
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote pinkie_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 23:45
omg zoe snap!! I love peanut butter! I almost always have it on toast lol!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 23:49
I don't have peanut butter that often. At the moment I've been having lots of lemon curd, love the stuff! Jam sandwiches are lush! Katy, my parents often end up making a totally different meal for me too cause I'm such a fussy eater and I hardly ever like what they're cooking. They mainly eat meat and poultry but I don't eat them so I just have loadss of fish instead. I eat loadss of pizza too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>