I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What foods/drinks do you dislike?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2007 at 16:10
dont think the drink tastes a bit like the berries

eat very very little meat and then ONLY chicken these days but 90%ish veggie

Edited by Bren - 30 Mar 2007 at 16:10
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2007 at 01:17
Originally posted by Jonnyboy

I'm training Alex to be less

*me man* me make fire* me eat MEEAAAT*

and a bit more

veggies can make amazing food

(its a slow process )
LOL  Have to say Alex doesn't usually seem quite that much of a caveman. 

(Mind you, I can imagine him in leopard print... Tongue)
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2007 at 10:20
I don't have a lot of dislkes on food & drink, but Kiwi friut and HOT spicy foods are two of my dislikes!
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 07:14
These are the foods that I hate.
Lamb
Sausages
Curry
Indian food
Salmon
Sushi
Yoghurt
Fresh Cream
Mushrooms
Cabbage 
Lettuce
Peppers
Celery
Sprouts
Cucumber
Colliflower
Swede
Turnip
Olives
Peas
Parsley
Spinach
Asparagus
Onion
Beans
Relish
Porridge
Rice Cakes
Bovril
Treacle
Toffee 
Syrup
Nouget
Pineapple
Mango
Red Apples
Lime
Apricots
Avocados
Cranberries
Figs
Dates
Grapefruit
Lemon
Peaches
Pears
Prunes
Plums
Pomegranates
Watermelon
All nut-based foods
Coffee
Tea
Jelly Beans
Mustard
Pickle
Pop Tarts
Sunflower seeds
Energy Drinks
tap water
coke
spicy foods
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 07:16
I am the exact opposite. I work with food and am always willing to try anything that is edible. I teach Food Technology and Hospitality in high school and I cooked and the students in my Year 10 class tasted char grilled kangaroo with cous cous last term. I always encourage my students to try different foods. Some of them wouldn't try it, those who did came back for a second sample.
I always do a lesson on tasting different fruits here such as carambola, fresh lychees and loon arns, custard apples and dragon fruit.
This will probably turn you off, but I have eaten kangaroo, crocodile, emu, roast camel (this was as tough as boot leather), pidgeon. These were all in Sydney restarants. I love all seafood, offal and chicken feet (only at Yum Cha, cooked in chilli and black bean sauce - yummy).
Kangaroo can be bought at most butchers and large supermarket chains in Sydney. The other meats I mentioned are mainly available in restaurants. What other country would eat the animals on their coat of arms (kangaroo and emu).

I'm adventurous - what more can I say!!

But I don't like coffee and don't like most alcoholic beverages, including wine, which goes against most foodies.

If you ever come to Australia, you have got to have a try of some of our local foods.

Edited by MargiABC - 12 Apr 2007 at 11:47
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 00:19
Originally posted by MargiABC

I am the exact opposite. I work with food and am always willing to try anything that is edible. I teach Food Technology and Hospitality in high school and I cooked and the students in my Year 10 class tasted char grilled kangaroo with cous cous last term. I always encourage my students to try different foods. Some of them wouldn't try it, those who did came back for a second sample.
I always do a lesson on tasting different fruits here such as carambola, fresh lychees and loon arns, custard apples and dragon fruit.
This will probably turn you off, but I have eaten kangaroo, crocodile, emu, roast camel (this was as tough as boot leather), pidgeon. These were all in Sydney restarants. I love all seafood, offal and chicken feet (only at Yum Cha, cooked in chilli and black bean sauce - yummy).
Kangaroo can be bought at most butchers and large supermarket chains in Sydney. The other meats I mentioned are mainly available in restaurants. What other country would eat the animals on their coat of arms (kangaroo and emu).

I'm adventurous - what more can I say!!

But I don't like coffee and don't like most alcoholic beverages, including wine, which goes against most foodies.

If you ever come to Australia, you have got to have a try of some of our local foods.

Hello Margi in Oz! Thats really adventurous foods you have tried! I agree, I dont like/ drink any alcohol either so you arent alone there, although I know that bucks the trend! Great you encourage your students to be so experimental in their cooking!

Hannah!x View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hannah!x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 00:22
 i like most foods but i'm a veggie so !
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 05:40
Hi Vicki. I have tried other foods whilst travelling overseas such as snake, eel and buffalo too. There are foods that I don't eat, such as bananas, although I like them, bananas don't like me. I also don't like overprocessed foods that are too high in fats and salt such as chicken nuggets.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 06:57
I hate over processed food. It's disgusting. I'm really going off junk food now because it basically tastes like junk. I'm quite a fussy eater but as long as I know what's in something then I'll eat it. I've gone veggie at the moment because I have braces and meat is tough to eat. The last time I ate it part of brace came off. So I'm a veggie and to be quite honest I'm not missing meat so I'm going to stay a veggie.
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 11:49
Originally posted by MargiABC

I have tried other foods whilst travelling overseas such as snake, eel and buffalo too. There are foods that I don't eat, such as bananas, although I like them, bananas don't like me. I also don't like overprocessed foods that are too high in fats and salt such as chicken nuggets.

Hi Margi,

what a great job you have! My friend's just come back from a few weeks in Oz and is raving about it (especially Sydney) so i'm getting tempted to visit.

I haven't tried any of those exotic meats you mentioned, but i have tried dog (in China) which would probably disgust most of you for mainly ethical reasons. actually it was delicious and very nicely cooked.

i'm finding more and more that i can't stand over-processed foods - so it's just as well that I love cooking. i'm really finding the artificial tastes cloying these days. and then on the flipside there is often a complete LACK of taste in that overprocessed rubbish.

foods i hate:
haggis
fish (it's the smell of fish i can't stand but i want to educate myself)
salt
offal
potato noodles (bleurgh - slimy)
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 13:24
Hi Laura,
Haggis is something I would like to try. One of these days I will get to the UK and get to try it. I've not heard of anywhere in Sydney where they make haggis. I did go to a Scottish fair in Bundanoon once, which is about 140 km away from Sydney. It's an annual event and called "Brigadoon at Bundanoon". I didn't see any haggis there or maybe I just missed it if they did have it.
What does haggis taste like?

Edited by MargiABC - 14 Apr 2007 at 13:25
supergeek View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote supergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 22:23
I despise:
Onions
Tomatoes
Mayonnaise
Nasty processed chicken
Ready made frozen burgers
McDonalds
Some "fishy" fish
And I'm quite weary of sausages so stick to what I know.
Basically not keen on random bits of meat chucked in a blender after various incidents involving bits of bone and fat in my meals. There's a chippy in Portaferry/Portavogie in Norn Iron where you should NEVER purchase a battered sausage, you can actually see the nasty hard bits
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2007 at 01:04
Originally posted by zazza6

I hate over processed food. It's disgusting. I'm really going off junk food now because it basically tastes like junk. I'm quite a fussy eater but as long as I know what's in something then I'll eat it. I've gone veggie at the moment because I have braces and meat is tough to eat. The last time I ate it part of brace came off. So I'm a veggie and to be quite honest I'm not missing meat so I'm going to stay a veggie.

Yay a fellow veggie! Glad you arent missing meat and plan to stay veggie! Ive beeb a veggie for about 8 years now and my only regret? That I didnt do so sooner! My mums veggie too! Im virtually a full vegan really. Have you tried
any of the amazing range of soya and quorn products you can buy nowadays? There is such a fantastic choice you dont miss out on anything!

Jennifer..* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer
Dan's Diva

Quote Jennifer..* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 18:07
i will eat anything and love trying out new recipes!!
Dan And Linda To Win!
Jennifer..* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer
Dan's Diva

Quote Jennifer..* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 18:08
unfortuabtly i am lactose intolerant :(
Dan And Linda To Win!
lozdude1607 View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap
Dan's Diva

Quote lozdude1607 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 15:30
I will also try anything, but im nt that keen on spicy foods.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>