I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

banana bread - yummy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: banana bread - yummy
    Posted: 19 Feb 2007 at 15:04
I was bored yesterday so produced this little masterpiece. Takes abour 10 minutes to prepare , an hour tops to cook and it's scrummy yummy.

ingredients:-

225 g plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 heaped teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
110g caster sugar
1 eggy weggy
90g unsalted butter, melted
sploosh of vanilla essence
90g sour cherries
3 very ripe bananas, mashed( ripe - as in honking!)

Preheat t'oven to 180c/350f/Gas Mark 4. Before you begin, grease a baking tin then dust some flour round the surfaces to stop the bread sticking.
Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon together. Stir in the sugar. With a fork, mix in the egg, melted butter and vanilla essence. Add the mashed bananas and cherries and mix with the fork until all incorporated - but don't over mix.

Spoon the gloop into a tin and bake for 50 to 60 mins until the loaf springs back when prodded. Leave the tin to cool for 10 mins before turning out.

Toasted slices of this are beeeeeeyootiful - and quite healthy.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 21:53
how much salt? *faints*
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 14:02
????????
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 14:06
I hardly ever put salt in anything so a teaspoon full sounds a lot to me
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 14:12
Originally posted by Jonnyboy

Go easy on him Jon, think this is a recipe from the 40s isn't it P2Fish? Eggy weggy is that powdered egg stuff, am I right?
Miss Summers View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote Miss Summers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 14:16
Mmmmmm.. love Banana bread and Coffee cake oh and Carrot cake and.. I think thats it for now
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 14:17
Originally posted by Jonnyboy

same here Jon.

i bet you, like me, HATE people adding salt to their food - BEFORE they've even tasted it!!
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote Miss Summers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 14:20
Originally posted by Laura

i bet you, like me, HATE people adding salt to their food - BEFORE they've even tasted it!!

I'm the same, I only ever put salt in the potatoes (not very much) and get really pissy and insulted when someone has the cheek to put salt on the food I cooked for them even without tasting it
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 14:23
I think a teaspoon of salt for aloaf of bread is fairly standard isn't it?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 14:24
I HAVE to have a little sea salt on tomatoes (unless they're really good vine ones). It's a killer and it's one bandwagon that manufacturers have finally got right promoting low salt brands.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 14:26
yeah I use a little sea salt on salads but rarely use salt anymore its amazing how quick one gets use to it - teaspoon seems alot to be P2f even for an ordinary loadf
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 14:46
Hmmm, just looked via Google at several Bread recipes and the vast majority include a teaspoon of salt as an ingredient, so I assume it's normal.

I have even found a recipe for a pancake called a "Johnnycake" believe it or not , and that also includes a teaspoon of salt , lol !!
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote Miss Summers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 15:04
Mmmmm pancakes, I didn't add what I had on mine on the chit chat thread on tuesday as we were on our way home from the in laws. But I had Strawberries and Ice Cream on mine
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 15:33
Specially for you Jon

Johnnycakes
 Post Reply Post Reply