I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recipe For Valentines: Surprise Between The Sheets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recipe For Valentines: Surprise Between The Sheets
    Posted: 12 Feb 2007 at 00:18
Surprise Between the Sheets

(Serves two)

For the lasagne:

4 sheets of fresh or dried lasagne

2-4 very fresh large eggs

4tbsp white wine, vinegar or malt vinegar

4-6 slices of smoked salmon

For the hollandaise:

1 large egg, separated

2tsp lemon juice

50g butter

sea salt

cayenne pepper

1tbsp chopped chives

(PS: For a richer sauce, stir two to three tablespoons of whipped double cream into the hollandaise instead of whisked egg white.)

How To Make It

First of all make the hollandaise and keep warm. Place the egg yolk and lemon juice in a screw-top jar or small bottle and shake really well for about 30 seconds.

Meanwhile, gently melt the butter either in the microwave or in a small pan. Leave it to sit briefly, and then pour half into the jar. Shake for a further 30 seconds before adding the remaining butter, trying to leave any of the white, milky residue behind. Shake again until the sauce has thickened to a creamy consistency. You can also make the hollandaise by blending in a blender or small food processor, but for these small quantities, using a jar is easier.

Keep the jar close to the hob to retain some warmth.

Cook the lasagne sheets in boiling salted water until al dente.

To poach the eggs, bring a medium-size saucepan of water to a simmer with the vinegar. Break in the eggs and, when the water has returned to a simmer, poach for three minutes. Lift out with a slotted spoon and sit on kitchen paper to remove the excess water.

To finish the hollandaise, whisk the egg white until it forms soft peaks, and then pour in the butter mixture, a pinch of salt, a pinch of cayenne pepper and the chopped chives. Fold together until you have a light sauce.

To serve up, sit a sheet of pasta on two plates and top with the poached eggs, sliced smoked salmon and a spoon of hollandaise. Lay the second sheet of pasta over the top and finish with more hollandaise.

Serve straight away and just watch the look of amazement appear on the face of your other half!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2007 at 11:55

Mmmmm - did you try this yourself?  It looks absolutely scrummy! 

killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Online Status: Offline
  Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2007 at 17:18
Hmm...looks tasty *slurp*
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
 Post Reply Post Reply