I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mika!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2007 at 13:56
The song is one of those ones that doesnt get out of your head, its frustratingly fun...havent heard much else of his yet
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2007 at 01:13
For anyone that has digital TV and may be interested...

If you press the red button on any BBC digital TV channel there's a link to highlights from the gig Mika recorded for the Beeb on 10th Feb.  It repeats every half hour.

If you don't have digital radio but have a soundcard in your 'puter, hye yourself over to the bbc radio 2 website, where you can at watch the highlights on line, or just listen to the session if don't have the speed of connection to see it.  Clicky here and enjoy.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2007 at 13:27
Thanks for that Pez, I'll check it out later.
*helen* View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote *helen* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2007 at 21:33
on channel 4 radio you can listen to the mika gig, just saw it when i was following competition links from mse

you can win iRiver gear by doingthis c4 radio survey, takes about 2/3 mins http://www.myvoice.co.uk/scripts/dubinterviewer.dll/Frames?Quest=1260

Edited by *helen* - 17 Feb 2007 at 21:34
Miss Summers View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote Miss Summers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2007 at 13:54
I said to Mr S. that he's like a cross between Freddy and The Darkness.

Love the song though
*helen* View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote *helen* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2007 at 21:54
you are so right! I think it is totally superb though. love it.
lena4stefan View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2007 at 18:11
I love that song....I only heard of it and Mika a few weeks ago but I love it- you're right it is very Scissor Sisters like. How exactly do you pronounce Mika? (if anyone could write it phonetically)

Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2007 at 12:53
meeka, as far as i'm aware
*helen* View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote *helen* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2007 at 22:43
is it! I wondered that as well, I must admit i thought mic-ka burt meeka sounds far better :)
Hannah!x View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hannah!x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2007 at 17:31
Mika Went to get a record deal with simon cowell but he turned him down for being 'to Wierd' and now mika can stick his tounge out back at simon cos i think grace kelly was great but i have to say not to keen on any of the other songs but anyway i say well done to mika
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2007 at 00:46
Ok I know I started the tread but is anyone bored of him now? I mean people who liked him in the first place. If Grace Kelly or Love Today comes on, I switch it off. How long did it take me?
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2007 at 00:47
Two and a half months. Oh ok then. Do more songs or fuck off.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 10:25
I think he lost a bit of "cred" when he pulled out of supporting someone (Take that???) because he was now "too big" a star in his own right to support people!

I think he's got potential but he needs to deliver consistently over time.

Mind you, have thought the same about Scissors SIsters this time round. First album had a wealth of singles of differing styles. This time , it seems to be just the one boring song played endlessly.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 20:29
I don't really like Mika's style of music but some of his songs are quite catchy. I don't know why but I don't really like him as a person.
emma x View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Dan's Diva

Quote emma x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 12:14
Originally posted by Chunks

Two and a half months. Oh ok then. Do more songs or fuck off.

im thinkin the same i liked the songs at first but im now getting board of them he should do some more songs!
xxx xxx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12