I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing - past
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

They Dance FIVE Dances In Final!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: They Dance FIVE Dances In Final!!!
    Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 13:33
yes that's right FIVE dances!!

Here are the details:

1. They do their favourite ballroom dance
2. They do their favourite Latin dance
3. They do a Viennese waltz
4. They do a freestyle routine
5. They do a routine to a piece of music chosen by the judges. Both have to dance to the same piece of music.

OVER KILL??
xSophx View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote xSophx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 13:37
I think it's too much
With the VW do they do the same routine as before?
strictly come dancing 6 favourites

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 13:37
YES the VW doesnt have much variation to it
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 13:39
Honestly Bren, you're just not reading my posts

I expect it's cos we have a two couple final.

I think Mark & Karen are doing tango (ballroom) and salsa (latin). I read somewhere that both couples will dance the VW at the same time.

I think they'll save the showdance/freestyle for the results prog.

Could be overkill, could be brilliant

xSophx View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote xSophx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 13:39

alright, that good because Mark & Karen's was amazing and Matt & Lilia's was rubbish :D

strictly come dancing 6 favourites

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 13:49
sorry spots - Im really sick and fighting off flu the last thing I need before Christmas - have been reading your posts but not alot sinking in - my apologies
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 20:50
still feel 5 is too many
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 22:04
Originally posted by Bren

sorry spots - Im really sick and fighting off flu the last thing I need before Christmas - have been reading your posts but not alot sinking in - my apologies

*passes large hot toddy over to Bren*

Hope you're feeling a bit better!

It's a lot of dance but three of them they've done before, I expect they'll adapt something from earlier to fit the judges' choice and, if they have any sense, they'll have had a showdance up their sleeve for a couple of weeks......

I do wonder if it's some sort of 'payback' by the BBC over that 'special twist' business when the BBC wanted to bring someone back in and the celebs & pros said no? With only two couples in the final they have to do something to make a show of it......

I'm looking forward to it and at least we won't have what we had last year when Zoe & Ian never got the chance to do their showdance (or did they do it and it didn't 'count'?)

heppi View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote heppi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 22:09
its a lot for the dancers- but it may be ok if they split it between the two shows...and then are all the previous contestants dancing as well?

confuddled again...seems like a lot of dances...I agree, the risk of overkill is certainly present...but I bet come Saturday I just love it...

do we know if there is a celeb performance (singing?)

heppi View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote heppi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 22:13
The Judges Choice will be an interesting one...I don't really know that much ... is it the judges choose the music (same for both couples) and then the couples have to "make their moves" accordingly?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 22:46
I've dosed myself up and dragged myself to the dance school to close it down so Im finished now until my birthday on the 6th when we re-open didnt time that very well did I?

Just hope It goes away now - think a nice hot toddy with plenty of 'christmas spirit' would do just nicely now
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 23:55
Aw hon, have a large one Hope you feel better soon.

Five dances for the Pro's is run of the mill, especially since they're only ninety seconds long and they're used to dancing for much much longer. But for the celebs it will be murder, even after three months of training. Can't help thinking that they will sacrifice substance for staying the course by the end!

I think it will be split between the two shows, because in the last series we had three couples who danced two dances each plus a group VW. Then we had an elimination and the final two went on to dance their showdance. This meant there was eight dances in total, but the final two couples danced four dances each.

Anyway, from the training footage I see that Mark and Karen are doing their Salsa and Matt and Lilia their Waltz. Don't know about anything else but Mark and Karens AT will surely be danced again

Edited by Thess - 21 Dec 2006 at 09:40
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Rick View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2006 at 10:57
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww Bren get well soon OR ELSE we are all coming around to your place with bottles of booze in each hand and are not leaving until you are better, bloody hell hope you have a big enough turkey to feed the multiudes that will turn up.
Honestly hon ,get well soon
salasally View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Dan's Diva

Quote salasally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2006 at 14:15
yeah get well soon bren
Crystal Tips View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Crystal Tips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2006 at 14:50
So sorry to hear you are poorly, Bren. Get well soon.

Edited by Crystal Tips - 21 Dec 2006 at 14:50
Rick View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2006 at 10:42
Bren must have taken to her bed or fainted with the idea of us all turning up at her house. lol
 Post Reply Post Reply