I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing - past
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD: Tonight's Show Week 10, 9/12/06

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD: Tonight's Show Week 10, 9/12/06
    Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 17:05
Nearly time *gulp*. I feel a bit nervy about tonight - on all the dancers' behalf!

May need to steady the old nerves with a glass of something....or two!

Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 17:27
I'll drink to that, Spots - chin-chin!   
I don't want to lay the Curse of Aida on anyone I actually like, so I'll keep schtumm until I come back on line later - it'll be much later because my beloved Barca kick off at 7pm and I have to juggle the bl**dy DVD recorder thingy to get the the entire X-Factor and the SCD results before I come and join in the general lamentations or rejoicing!
You have the bridge, Spots - over and out!
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 19:34
Quick observations from the spotster sofa...

Mark & Karen's waltz - liked it, good music, good dance, good all round. Total of 36 from the judges.

Louitha & Vinthent's American Smooth - I rather liked it. Did notice (again) the way she sort of stops in mid-dance as though she's thinking about her next 'bit' but overall thought it was goodish. Total of 31 from the judges.

Matt & Lilia's Viennese Waltz - I was sidetracked by the music, it was so incongruous for a VW! I was also sidetracked by Lilia who looked stunning. Dunno why the judges were so hard on them, it was a good dance but only got a total 29 points.

Emma & Darren's Tango - well it could have been the best tango ever known to mankind for all I know, I could barely watch it because of the awful music. I was totally switched off by it but the judges gave it a total 35 points.

Mark & Karen's jive - it was hard, it was fast, yeah he lost it a little but he gave a good go at what was another instance of Karen getting it wrong again - it was too hard and too fast. I don't know how he managed to do what he did, if you know what I mean! Total from judges, 27 points.

Louitha & Vinthent's rumba - adequate, all Vinthent, total from judges 28 points.

Matt & Lilia's samba - thought it was pretty darn good. Good music and, again, I was stunned by the way Lilia looked! Judges gave it a total 32 points.

Emma & Darren's rumba - she was a shop window dummy. Parts weren't bad but it was no way worth a total 34 points from the judges.

So judges leaderboard is:

Emma on 4 points
Mark on 3 points
Matt on 2 points
Louitha on 1 point.

And we have the dance off coming up shortly.

Something particularly weird about tonight's votes from the the judges........

spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 20:31
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Louitha & Vinthent go out and the Bunter stays in!

Am so sorry that Louitha went out - her VW in the dance-off was so much better than her earlier performance.

I wonder why Bunter danced first when Louitha had danced before Bunter all the way through the first show.....was it a ploy to make sure there was more time to vote for Bunter??

Well, I didn't vote in the first show and as soon as the two dance-off couples were announced, I voted for Louitha. And then when both couples had danced and the judges said who should stay, every time they said Bunter, Louitha got another vote from me

But it wasn't enough

Better go finish cooking dinner before Mr Spotster goes into a decline

talking scribbl View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote talking scribbl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 20:40

I know that I said that I didn't want Louisa to win - mainly because of Vinthent - but I have to say that I now have a tear in these silly old eyes!

The other side of me is happier that the Bunter is through 'cos I don't think she stands a chance against the two boys - any comments?
growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional!
xSophx View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote xSophx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 20:41
I cannot belive Louisa went instead of stoopid Emma
i hate emma bunton now even though i loved her before

GET HER OUT!!!!
strictly come dancing 6 favourites

Pamela View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Pamela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 20:50
I didn't want Louisa to win, but as both her and Emma were in the bottom 2, I wanted Louisa to go through. It is so obvious the public don't like Emma. The judges did have some bad comments about Emma tonight, but they still gave her high marks, whereas when they criticise the others they give them lower marks.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 20:56
I am no Emma or Darren fan for that matter BUT it has to be said that over the two dances she was the BEST and I am in total shock that Matt wasnt in bottom two
Pamela View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Pamela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 20:59
I have to admit that Emma was the better dancer, it should have been Matt in the bottom 2, but obviously the public don't always vote for who is the better dancer.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 21:02
well was watching as I worked tonight hence I didnt do a write up but my views nonetheless

Mark and Karens waltz good music great dance throughly deserved their mark

Louitha and Vinthent awful I really expected this to be good instead in was dreary

Matt and Lilia VWaltz it looked ok but again his shoulders to hard and his footwork was poor 29 too high IMHO

Emma and Darrens Tango - music was awful and put me off but have to admit technically it was quite good though thought her head movement was weak

Mark and Karens Jive - The routine was all wrong for mark and it was danced very poorly

Louitha and Vinthent - It was just ok it had no sparkle at all

Matt and Lilia Well I obviously don't know what I am looking at how could they give that cringworthy performance 32?

Emma and Darrens Rumba - again Ok BUT in saying that better than the other latin dances in my opinion a poor night all round dont know how they can say this is better this year for me the show is lacking a bit of sparkle
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 22:36
THIT!!!!!! I am pithed off to the back teeth - not that I didn't just know from the second that Vinthent and Flavia sashayed on to do their Argentine Tango that something was rotten in the state of SCD. How the f*ck was he going to be allowed to go on and compete doing an Argentine tango when he's the reigning world champion! Gaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!
I can't be @rsed to 'do' the dances - I thought Vinthent and Louitha were no worse than anyone else.
Gnasher was lousy throughout and managed to top her previous heights of costume buffoonery with her jive outfit - she looked as if she'd rifled through a jewellery box, failed to choose a piece and wore it all with a pair of dyed-black net curtains. It's a blessing (I suppose) that the Android wasn't 'dancing' the jive to save his life!
Matt and Lil looked all right to me (not a dancer), but were savaged by the judges, who, to be fair, had a go at everyone except the Bunter who resembles a Stepford wife more and more with every appearance - needless to say, they heaped praise on her smirking head.
Hated it tonight - just hated it!   
And as if that wasn't bad enough, I raced through my recording of the X-factor and discovered than my darling Ben has gone and the final will be between another Stepford wife and Eddie Munster!
Double Gaaaaarrrggggghhhhh!
Well, on the plus side for me at least Barthelona won and I won't have to watch the bl**dy X-factor again.
I need some time to think about whether I can bring myself to bother with SCD anymore or whether to just bow out gracefully now.

Mrs Angry of County Durham.

Edited by Aida - 09 Dec 2006 at 22:38
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 22:53
aww Aida you cant bow out before the end I have to watch just to see how they can manipulate it anymore to get bunter to win
videkissa View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote videkissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 22:57
Well, wasn't that a strange show! The ballrooms were good to mediocre end the latins mediocre to bad.
Gutted again that is not possible to vote from abroad, we just had to wait to hear the verdict. Never did I think Louisa would go - shows how much I understand of the popularity of the celebs. I was certain Matt and Louisa would go through with the dance-off being between Emma and Mark.
I'm a great fan of Mark, but tonight Karen almost blew it for me. The jive was all wrong and her talking back to the judges....
I don't know anymore, I would hope Mark could wow me like he did in th beginning.
Please don't let Emma win, she just doesn't do it for me
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 23:04

I think there's been some cheating done with the voting

it could've been the reason on why Spoony & Ray went out so soon
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 23:11
Originally posted by Aida

THIT!!!!!!

at Aida. Best laugh of the night
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2006 at 23:22
Evening all! Here's the view from my tired and jaded eyes ...

Mark and Karen - missed their Waltz as was peeling onions. Saw a clip of it at the end. Not bad at all, Mark back on form after last weeks atrocity.

Their Jive was hideous.It was all Karen Karen Karen. Mark missed the timing several times and although he had a good foot flicking action, he never once got on his toes. As a result he looked too solid and lumpen.

Louisa and vincent - missed their American Smooth first time but caught it in the dance off. Was expecting much but saw very little. The lifts were good but there was too much of the routine where she was just waiting.

Their Rumba left me cold. Although there was some nice moves I agree with Craig about her action. She did a very acceptable spot turn, but then just stood in position without anything moving. Rumba is a dance that constantly moves which is why I dislike the timing being taught as "2,3,4...." as it implies that the dancer may hold the position after the count of 4.

Anyway, onto Matt and Lilia - VW was a mixed bag wasn't it?! Music actually all wrong. Matts top line good but his feet were not. Fleckerl really bad, he was just tippy toeing around in circles.

Samba, actually quite good except the couple of volta's he did just before Lilia did the splits. He failed to drop his hip correctly and so he rose up. apart from that, not bad. Lilia's dress bloody awful!

Emma and Darren - Tango wasn't all that dreadful, but she has no attack and the music was horrendous. She was gritting her teeth again wasn't she?!

Their Rumba was dire. Emma had no hip action, spot turns were awful, she constantly failed to get her hips over the weight bearing leg properly. All wrong.

Bren - good luck with the show tomorrow.

Edited by Thess - 09 Dec 2006 at 23:25
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>