I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing - past
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

APOLOGIES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2006 at 20:19
My view is that on these types of shows, after a good start, it always reeks of "fixing"! My beloved Fame Academy went the same way when that awful Parks girl won!
I think the Producers /Judges get up on their high horses and decide what would be best for us and TRY TO MANIPULATE THE END RESULT so that we get what they think we want. Trouble is...we don't !! End result the whole thing becomes a farce!! The judges wnat Bunter to win so they mark her extravagantly...the puiblic wnat anything BUT a Bunter win so vote for everyone else !!
Pamela View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pamela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 09:22
I do think that this series has had some good dancers and you would think that anyone could win, but I do feel that the judges mark their favourites higher than the performance deserves, Carol made a point that her and Matthew get some good remarks from the judges and then they give them 7.
Rick View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 13:12
Yes I felt the same way Pamela. Carol did get some very good remarks , but the judges never gave her the marks to reflect their views.
I think honestly that the marks in this series have been rigged without a doubt.
Crystal Tips View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Crystal Tips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 14:09
I love reading all the views on this forum, too, though I am more with Spots this time because I quite like this series. I was very disappointed when Ray and now Carol went out, and no dance has lifted me the way Zoe and Ian's tango did last time, but there are some good dancers left, and I have not entirely given up on this series producing something truly wonderful. I understand the conspiracy theorists and their concerns about Emma, who is clearly a favourite with the judges and possibly the programme makers but I have to say that I am not convinced that the programme is 'fixed' (manipulative, yes, but fixed, I don't think so. Sorry Rick! ). I don't think Emma will win because I think she is not very popular with the public who do not like having people forced down their throats. On the other hand, my nickname in the family is 'Little Mary Sunshine' so I know that I can sometimes be a bit too trusting and optimistic!    But that, of course, is when I am not being critical and picky!

Such a relief, though, dear bluers, for being able to be both or either on this forum when the mood strikes.

Interesting, though, that it appears nobody on the blue is supporting Emma as their favourite.   
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 14:57
No need to apologise for your post Rick. It is spot on!

SCD has never been about the dancing because the majority of the public vote for their favourite celeb. Or their favourite pro dancer. There are lots of pupils from Karen's school who will have voted for her and Mark in droves, despite their lacklustre performance in the Foxtrot.

Anyway, my faves have gone now, and I find that I'm feeling indifferent towards those left. I will continue to watch, because frankly I could watch Lilia dance Latin all night! But I don't care that much now who makes it to the final.

As far as the marks go, a judge's first mark of the night is a benchmark. All other dances must be scored according to that benchmark. The judges get into trouble when they go in too high at the beginning. A little restraint is needed. There was a judge on Dancing on Ice (was it Nicky something? - memory fails)anyway, he marked someone spectacularly low on one programme and when he got booed he explained that since the dancer was worse than the previous dancer, he had to score them lower. An excellent example of how scoring and the judges internal benchmarking system should work.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
EllieJ View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote EllieJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 15:31
I tend to agree that there is some signs of manipulation again this year. It worked last year and the masses of promotion the BBC gave to Gough ended with him winning. This time they may come unstuck trying to push Emma up as the public obviously dont agree. She went from top to the bottom two on Saturday which had to mean that she got very few votes. Darren's grim expression tells the story. Last year he was Mr Colgate Smile, this year he must have thought he had it made but has had a bit of a kick in the pants.
I wonder if he is privately very competitive with Vincent, both being Latin Champions and both with very full on egos. Whatever it is he is not a very happy bunny right now.
I think that the judging panel is unbalanced. Only one true dancer in there. All of them are on an ego trip as well. I would like to see one of them out and another dance expert in. If they were to ask John Byrnes (He was the consultant on the first series) he would do it I am sure. Well in fact I know he would do it. He is also very honest and tells it like it is without being nasty. Then the panel would be more balanced if it had two dance experts and two raving lunatics.
Rick View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 16:44
T obe quite honest EllieJ we have three greats in here who for me would make good judges

Bren, Thess and Spotser they always speak the truth, give sound advice, and for me score 10 out of 10 personality wise.

Oooooooooooooooops sorry for putting the three of you on the spot there.

Edited by Rick - 05 Dec 2006 at 16:50
heppi View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote heppi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 17:56
I think this is just me...but I really really disliked Emmas paso on sat...I did have to admit that her waltz was lovely...but hated the paso, everything about it right down to the dress. I have no idea about the technicalities (altho I thnk Im getting some dance lessons from santa - yey, I have always wanted to learn to dance...)but to me it didnt come close to zoe and ian's tango and even (god forbid) the murderer's paso...

I dunno ,as the Judges loved it - maybe i am just blinded by my own dislike of the bunter

Did think craig was right about louitha's cha cha - I loved it...thought it was lovely and did really think that mark and karen came back from the slating of their rumba to perform a really great samba..

o I'm such an addict...

loved last series, think overall did like it better - but I am still hopelessly addicted to this one...repeats, extras, ITT the whole heap...

sorry for the ramble...
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 23:46
Well I'm flattered that you think I'd do a decent job! But I only do what everyone else in here does (Bren, Spots, Aida, yourself etc) which is to comment from the heart and from my own experience.

My opinion is no more valid than someone who has had no dance training but who just tunes in on Saturday's and knows what they like to see.

Still, it would be lovely to lock horns with Bruno
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2006 at 09:24
It would be worth a few quid of anyone's money to see you lock horns with mio caro Bruno, Thess!
Fancy that Rick snubbing me in his list of the sensible and amusing on here! I thought he was my friend!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2006 at 09:38
aww Im sure it was just a typo Aida - how could anyone miss you out !
Rick View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2006 at 10:37
Sorry Aida , but as you have confessed yourself , you like me vote on what is pleasing to the eye. We do not have the technical knowledge or ability to judge.
Any how I had you down for comparing the next series, but I have not decided yet who your co-host will be,

Hope this means that our friendship is still strong, Sheeeeeeeesh would hate to lose friends. LOL
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2006 at 10:45
Originally posted by Rick

Sorry Aida , but as you have confessed yourself , you like me vote on what is pleasing to the eye. We do not have the technical knowledge or ability to judge.
Any how I had you down for comparing the next series, but I have not decided yet who your co-host will be,

Hope this means that our friendship is still strong, Sheeeeeeeesh would hate to lose friends. LOL

Johnny Depp or Jason Isaacs would be most acceptable as my co-host - or, if they're filming, I know I could work with Bryan Ferry, Paolo Maldini or Ronaldhino (think what a help he could be during the sambas)!!

I was just teasing you in my last post, Ricardo-mio - still pals, kiss-kiss!
Rick View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2006 at 10:47
Aida you could do nothing to offend me. Meet you under that mistletoe soon.lol
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2006 at 21:00
Originally posted by Aida

I know I could work with Bryan Ferry,

Sorry, you'd have to fight me for him! I could see myself turning into Arlene over him!!!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2006 at 22:40
you would both have to take me on for Bryan Ferry too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>