I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing - past
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tonights Live Show 28th October

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 11:13
to me I wonder if the Beeb are cutting corners on the most important part of the show the music! for the Original Come Dancing they used to use the leading dancing bands and the music was good it really needs sorting
Crystal Tips View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Crystal Tips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 12:00
Couldn't agree with you more about the music Bren. It is dire.

Ray's extraordinary performance and Mark's brooding matador woke the Tipster household from the gentle slumber induced by much of the rest. Carole and Matthew danced with elegant restraint and economy and Claire and Brendan looked quite lyrical at times. I am mystified by Craig's adoration of the Baby Blancmange. He usually supports things that are a bit edgy and offbeam. She seems perfectly sweet and inoffensive but perhaps that is the problem. Just not alot of spice for me in that particular pudding.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 12:40
I honestly am not keen on Mark - don't know what it is but not a fan at the moment
Den13 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Den13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 12:57
I'm no expert but did enjoy both Mark and Karen and Camilla and Ray's pasos last night. Peter was the worst.

I enjoyed Claire and Brendan and Carol and Matts foxtrot the most. For me Anton and Jan were the worst

The marking and comments were all over the place and good on Brendan in pointing out just how eratic they were being last night. He had a fair point but I fear for speaking up he has shot himself in the foot!

Its interesting that Georgina left the competition when she wasn't in the bottom two and did a much better dance. Obviously she lost the sympathy vote!

Rick View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 15:37
I always thought that the votes were for the best dancers not the best personalities, but if we take a leaf out of the judges books, as I have said before
Craig has Darren/Emma as winners.
Arlene has Mark/Karen as winners.

Not figured Len or Bruno out yet but it only a matter of time I suppose.

Edited by Rick - 29 Oct 2006 at 15:38
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 15:52
Originally posted by Bren

to me I wonder if the Beeb are cutting corners on the most important part of the show the music! for the Original Come Dancing they used to use the leading dancing bands and the music was good it really needs sorting

I was reading on a board i am a member of, one of the girls on there has lessons with erin and apparently her original music choices were turned out by the producers and she had to dance to mission impossible. Apparently they want to attract a more mainstream audience or something daft like that. Remember on series 1 all the music was good, mostly proper stuff, and then as the series' have gone on the music has declined and more pop music has been creeping in till eventually they'll probably not want any proper dance music.
Hattie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Hattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 17:25
That's interesting. I always thought that they couldn't use music that's been used previously in other series of SCD. Although I think some people have on a couple of occasions. I'm guessing it must be hard to find popular music for dances like the waltz for instance.
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 17:26
Originally posted by Bren

I honestly am not keen on Mark - don't know what it is but not a fan at the moment

Me neither, Bren - all joking aside, he is just like a tailor's dummy, no matter how much 'spin' the programme tries to put on his 'shyness' it can't hide (for me) that the man just has no personality to speak of.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 17:30
Originally posted by Hattie

That's interesting. I always thought that they couldn't use music that's been used previously in other series of SCD. Although I think some people have on a couple of occasions. I'm guessing it must be hard to find popular music for dances like the waltz for instance.

I'm not sure on that, I guess on average the music has never been used before, the only time I seem to remember them repeating music is roxanne for a tango, john byrnes and claire sweeny used it in series 1, erin and julian in series 2, but theres probs been lots of times that i've forgotten about.
salasally View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Dan's Diva

Quote salasally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2006 at 00:42
Originally posted by anna

spotster I do agree with you. Mark was fantastic.

i agree spotster and anna! omg mark really is just HOT!

lol spotster can i be your first honoury member for your mark fansite   

Edited by salasally - 30 Oct 2006 at 00:53
salasally
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2006 at 13:54
The wrong girl went home ... AGAIN!

Georgina's Foxtrot was lovely. She looked elegant (even making canary yellow look nice. Loved the design but hate the colour. Have the Beeb got a job lot of yellow or something!) and danced with restraint, althgough she looked a bit upright in parts. This was definitely her best dance so far and she even managed to get a bit od personality in her dancing, blowing a kiss to the judges!

Peter and Erin were dire. The dancing was as awful as their music. Full marks to him for attempting the knee walks, as they are difficult to do and require a lot of body tone and balance, but he didn't really do much else except lumber about the floor after Erin. They should have gone instead.

Carole and Matthew were very elegant and I loved her dress. They're doing a lot of graduated fabrics this series. Still a bit upright, but she danced well, light on her feet and her kicks and lines were very nice.

Jan and Anton were a bit of a mess again this week. The woman doesn't pull up through her ribcage, so her posture is wrong and she loses that lightness on top. Changes in direction were hit and miss, with little or no control on the change step. I'm afraid that Jan does not dance with musicality. Anton should seriously consider getting Kenny Welsh in to train Jan for their next Ballroom dance. As Madasafish will remember, his 'Superbody' technique works wonders.

I liked Mark and Karen's Paso. Point taken about the music Bren, it's more flamenco that Paso, but I do still like it! Her dress was great, but what on earth were those things on her legs?! Anyway, the cape twirling was a nice intro, although there was a slight timing problem. Mark could have been a bit more passionate, although he wasn't bad.

Louisa and Vincent were not good. Maybe it was down to their music choice, but their routine looked too fast and had nothing of the elegance of Carole and Matthews. This is where Foxtrot can seperate the wheat from the chaff, since you need great body tone to hold your position while you dance to the slow rhythmn. In parts, I thought Louisa was just running to keep up with Vincent. Didn't like the bit where they ran towards teh side of the floor and then drew back. i thought she was going to topple over into someone's lap!

Claire and Brendan were OK, but body contact was dreadful and Claire displayed what one of my teachers sued to call 'ducks disease!" It was a nice restrained routine, but nothing in it or about it to blow me away. They're a middle of the road couple and I don't think they'll be in at the final
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
madasafish View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote madasafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2006 at 19:47
i seem to recall you having a canary yellow dress
ballroom the old style with the nets alf redmond had a picture of us in his folder
agree with all your comments regarding the competitors but also think jan + anton or peter and erin should have gone sat they were by far the worst couples
ray and camillas so called paso was awful it had absolutely no dancing whatsoever he just walked around with no recognisable paso steps
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 01:02
With lace over the bodice and ostrich feathers. It wasn't so much canary yellow, as soft lemon !!!

At least that's what I kept telling myself! Mum chose the fabric and since she was paying, it was hard to argue. I DID however put my foot down over the red dress dress (your red and silver suit with epaulettes). Mum wanted Nevtex red satin, but I held out for gorgeous scarlet georgette. I was right ... it danced beautifully
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
madasafish View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote madasafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 01:05
ok i will keep quiet about the soft yellow dress

if you drop the red suit particularly the epaulettes
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 01:06
nah that dress wasn't soft lemon thess
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2006 at 01:08
SILVER EPULETS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>