I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing - past
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tonights Live Show 28th October

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Online Status: Offline
  Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:33
Originally posted by Bren

Peter and Erin were awful and got what they deserved

Well Peter or no Peter,

Georgina's gotta go

and if Jan does not go out soon, the competition will get sleepy
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:41
oh agree would prefer jan or georgina to go but peter was dire
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:45

Emma and Darren, foxtrotting to One by Chorus Line.

If I rememeber rightly, this was a good choice but very badly sung.

Matt with partner Lilia, for a bit of Paso Doble fire to Meatloaf's I Would Do Anything For Love.

Bad choice and badly sung.

Jan and Anton took on a classic with their Foxtrot - Sinatra's Night and Day.

Good choice - a real classic.

Mark and Karen to the Paso Doble from Strictly Ballroom.

I thought this a good choice - well I've seen the film often enough

Carol and Matthew strutted their stuff with a Foxtrot to Lionel Richie's Stuck On You.

Good choice.

Another Foxtrot followed, as Georgina and James danced to Robbie Williams' version of Have You Seen Miss Jones.

Good choice.

The Mission Impossible Theme provided the soundtrack to Peter and Erin's Paso Doble.

You couldn't have picked a worse piece of music if you tried I was waiting for a judge to make a quip about 'Mission Improbable'

They were followed by Louisa and Vincent, Foxtrotting to Take Another Little Piece of my Heart With You.

OK choice but it didn't quite work - maybe because they were too, oh I dunno......

Next Ray and Camilla showed off their mettle to some heavy metal, performing the Paso Doble to Bon Jovi's It's My Life.

Rotten choice.

And finally, Claire and Brendan took the last dance with a Foxtrot to Neil Diamond song Sweet Caroline.

Very good choice.

I dunno, is there actually a band and singers this year? Can't say I've actually noticed either! And Brucey hasn't introduced them.......

anna View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:50
spotster I do agree with you. Mark was fantastic.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:52
me thinks Mark is so good looking on the floor people dont see his faults - and he does look good, but to be 5 points clear - no way
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:54
agree with the comments on music spots except for the strictly music I hate it cos its flamenco and not paso best music for me tonights was carol and matts
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 20:22

agree with the comments on music spots except for the strictly music I hate it cos its flamenco and not paso best music for me tonights was carol and matts

Ah, I see about the flamenco - well cos you've explained it

What is 'classic' Paso music? Would it be something like Toreador from Carmen?

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 20:26
la comprasita I have it on mp3 gonna try and post it or will email it to you - you have to hear the difference - most classical passo's are phrased for the dance with highlights in the right places
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 20:54

la comprasita I have it on mp3 gonna try and post it or will email it to you - you have to hear the difference - most classical passo's are phrased for the dance with highlights in the right places

Oh I'd like to hear that - if you can't post it PM me and I'll let you have my email (dunno which one I used to sign up with on here!!)

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 21:01
ok give me 10 mins pm me your email in the mean time
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 23:23
Horrific paso music, bon jovi? why oh why?

Though mission impossible was probably the most ridiculous choice. The whole dance was just turned into a joke. How can you take yourself seriously when you're meant to be emulating a bull fight with meat loaf or bon jovi blasting out. I dunno. Disappointing night.
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 23:46
Thought all the music was shocking tonight - and though I tried very hard to concentrate, I became fixated on Romper's bald spot and the sheer number of teeth in La Hardy's mouth - I'm now certain she has 45 in the upper jaw alone.
Think Baby Bunter is a tiresome bore who the judges wouldn't 'big-up' unless she was pushing a lousy cover version of a lousy song for Children in Need.
Loved Ray, the man is gorgeous and he can come and play Escamillo to my Carmen any time he likes - felt sorry for Peter - nobody could have danced to that dire music - who else was there - Oh yes - that Louisa kid - I don't like her or her fixed grin and she always looks on the point of falling down - I suppose I'll have to like Vincente though - sangue al sangue - Anton and Jan - lousy - the fool Georgina and the Werewolf - lousy but not as lousy as Monsieur du Smarm - liked Clare and Brendan because they looked okay to me and they make me laugh.
If I've forgotten anyone it's because I was toooooo booooored to remember them - has there ever been a series with such uncharismatic 'celebrities'.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 00:15
Thoughts on tonight:

Bit disappointing tonights show I feel. No-one made me think, wow. I liked a couple of performances quite a lot but I don't think anyone was very memorable.

Emma and Darren:

I thought this was a really entertaining foxtrot, nice routine and Emma can really perform the dance. I know there was a problem with her feet but we barely got to see them because of the weird camera angles so can't really comment on that. Although I don't think techinally she was the best, she performed the best of the foxtrots in my opinion.

Matt and Lilia:

Hmmm, not sure about this at all. It just didn't feel like a paso. The music didn't help, I thought the music might work but I don't feel it did. I think he struggles with the acting required, I didn't feel any sense of drama or passion from him and I think they have no chemistry whatsoever. However, loved what they did last week so give it time I say!

Jan and Anton:

Thought this was ok, good attempt from Jan but very stumbly in places. I think she's really gonna struggle as the weeks go by especially if she's dancing salsa next week. Especially if she's dancing salsa next week with Anton. lmao

Mark and Karen:

Oh I did like this one a lot. Liked the capes, liked the routine, bloody LOVED the music, Strictly Ballroom is just a classic Only paso that had any drama in it IMO. Don't think it was quite good enough for 9's though sadly.

Carol and Matt:

Very nice, it had a lovely romantic feel to it and I think Carol did a fantastic job.

Georgina and James:

Well firstly, thank god they're finally out Thought this was ok, she was very much improved but I thought she'd be ok in foxtrot. Len's gone crazy if he thinks that deserved an 8 though, and people talk about Craig/Bruno being biased, Len's scoring is so ridiculous sometimes.

Peter and Erin:

Truly horrific music choice. I felt a bit sorry for him, it's obviously just not his thing at all. I really felt like it was awful/cringey stuff. I'd have given it a 2 if i was a judge lol. Go Craig!

Louisa and Vincent:

Love this couple, Vincent's gorgeous but didn't think foxtrot was that great tonight. It didn't flow, it didn't look particulary nice, agree with Arlene that it looked hard work!

Ray and Camilla:

To be honest, I appreciate that he was quite good but I absolutley hated this. Hated the routine, and think he can't act the dances. It was just forced grrr agression with no real drama or tension, I don't think it came across what the paso is meant to be about. Shame. Also dunno what she was getting upset about, 30 out of 40, last time I checked was quite a good score!

Claire and Brendan:

Thought this was ok, I liked the routine but this again seemed to look like hard work, it didn't look nice and flowing. What possessed Arlene to give them a 4? Bit severe there I thought. Didn't make me go wow or anything, but yeah it was quite good
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 01:19
Marking was all over the place tonight - dreadful.    I fully sympathised with Brendan losing his rag over it.  And the music choices!  Whoever selects these should be shot by a massed firing squad of BR members. 

I loved both Camilla & Ray's and Karen & Mark's paso's, but I can only judge from an entertainment point of view since I have no dance savvy whatsoever - like most viewers I would imagine.

Really liked Carol & Matthew's foxtrot, Claire & Brendan entertained me once again, and I can't possibly say anything against new favourite Vincent.  

None of the others really did anything for me, though I missed Emma & Darren's as I was just seeing Mom & Dad off after their visit this afternoon.    I suspect that I didn't really miss a lot, as I find her to be massively over-rated by the judges, and it gets on my wick... 
Billyjohn View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Billyjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 09:28
This music thing is a real problem - was last week and again this week. Last few series, the professional dancers got to choose their own musiv I thought. The band and singers have not been introduced by Brucie this year so makes me think there are no live singers - though you can see some singers in hte background.

Me wonders if the Beeb are trying to attract a more contemporary audience by using more contemporary music. If I recall, lot of music from series 3 was the same as series 3. But such bad music choices are ruining it for me - and seemingly lots of others too and must be sheer hell for the celebs to stay with the beat.
Rick View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 10:16
I am so glad that Georgins was voted out, Peter was not so hot this week, I hated that knee walking thing. Good luck next week.

Edited by Rick - 29 Oct 2006 at 10:16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>