I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing - past
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tonights Live Show 28th October

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tonights Live Show 28th October
    Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 17:14
There ya go spots thread started well in advance have new screen grab thing so may get some good pics tonight
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 17:16
Bless you, Bren

Just gearing myself up for the start

spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 17:55
Hmmm Emma wasn't very good - and the camera at the start didn't help!

Mmmmm Matt does leave me cold - and he suffers from 'sportsman's arms'.

Edited by spotster - 28 Oct 2006 at 18:02
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 18:12
Anton & Jan much better - that looked a fairly 'traditional' foxtrot to me?? But why did Anton 'cop a feel' at the end when his hand ended up clutching a boob

Just shows how much better a couple look when the professional knows what he's doing!

spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 18:21
Jeeeezzzzzzzzzz where's the cold shower????????

I've gone all a-quiver at Mark. In parts he looked better than Karen

Now that was GOOD!

spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 18:35
Carol wasn't half bad......

Georgina pulled it off better tonight.....
(Though why the judges are slagging the werewolf off when Georgina's blasted him in the papers.....????)

This is looking close tonight - so far. Close in terms of public voting that is....

spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 18:42
Aww pity poor Peter - I blame the music

I'm going to have to vote for him - we can't lose another man tonight!!

spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 18:49
Little Louisa left me a bit cold. There's something of the cute dolly about her rather than a ballroom dancer...

Ooo errr old Len's 'avin a go!!

More hot stuff from Ray!! But the music was naff.
Hmmmm what is 'flatulating'?
Just shows what a difference a cape makes!!

Edited by spotster - 28 Oct 2006 at 18:57
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:04
Claire & Brendan looked good - very in keeping with a foxtrot. Refreshing change for them - and a decent hairstyle for Claire for once

Blimey, what's up with the judges' votes????

Edited by spotster - 28 Oct 2006 at 19:06
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:07
STRICTLY COME DANCING SHOW 4 28th OCTOBER

Tonightís show sees the girls dancing foxtrot and the guys Paso Doble and first to dance is

Emma and Darren dancing the foxtrot good routine good top but keep getting the feeling she is doing odd foot wrong but we canít see but from what you can see does look quite good but im sure the feet are wrong somewhere

Total Marks: 30

Now to Matt and Lilia dancing the Paso Doble to start I hate his costume, and loathe the music! Half the dance is not being danced to a paso rhythm, This is not good Matt definitely not a Latin dancer me thinks (Knowing judges it will be over marked as lilia always seems to be.)

Total Marks: 28 (grossly overmarked)

Jan and Anton are next, dancing the foxtrot, itís ok but stumbling in places and she looks nervous which is stopping it from flowing and hold is gappy too but probably her best so far !

Total Marks: 24 (Len and Bruno loosing it )

Now to Mark and Karen dancing the Paso Doble, Totally off the topic but what is Karen wearing ! much more Paso in this than Mattís but there is something I find off putting with Mark donít know what it is not keen on music but overall a good performance

Total: 35 (marked too high 7 or 8ís yes but 9!!!)

Itís the turn of Carol and the lovely Matt! Nice start , and nice dancing too soft and its flowing sometimes Iím not keen on Carolís head but for me the best foxtrot so far. Though I think Len doesnít like Matt letís see how he marks!

Total marks : 29 Ė a disgrace they got less than Emma !!1

Over to Georgina and James dancing the Foxtrot, has to be said this is her best performance so far, on a par with Janís foxtrot (which was overmarked) letís see what the judges say.

Total Marks: 26 wow they beat Anton

Next is Pete and Erin I hate Mission Impossible as a Paso what happened to using Laí Compasita ? Sorry but for me it was Frankensteinís Monster meets Paso I donít mean to be cruel but he is doing nothing !! Totally lacking for me and should be lowest by far !!!

Total Marks: 19

Over to Louisa and Vincent (swoon at Vincent) dancing the foxtrot good hold and looks good up top but not flowing like Matt and Carolís for me and there are mistakes too Ė by the way the judges are making tonight they will overmark this.

Total Marks: 24

Now itís Ray and Camilla More dreadful Paso Music, makes it hard to see the dance for me, but this is best Paso, but Mark so overmarked and this doesnít deserve more than 7 or 8 so how are they going to mark it.

Total Marks: 30

Claire and Brendan next, dancing the foxtrot, Nice start but dance does not flow very gappy but itís a good attempt and I would have marked it higher than Jan and Louisaís but Claire did make that mistake obvious. Brendan btw is right about the judges losing the plot I too think they have tonight.

Total Marks: 24

In summary I am disappointed this year with the judges and the Paso music in total was joke how can emma be second on the night a joke!

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:08
as you see from my comments spots I too disagree with the judges widely alot tonight
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:08
but dont agree about mark btw
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:15
Originally posted by Bren

but dont agree about mark btw

S'ok, I won't make you an honorary member of my new Mark fansite I thought his paso had a showmanship which maybe as a non-dancer I enjoyed more than an experienced dancer would?

I think a lot of the music was 'off' in terms of the dances - though I'm darned if I can remember what half the songs were now Will come back to that when you put up the list of who danced to what.

killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:21

Well 1 of my favourites is in the middle!

I pray that Lousia doesn't go

and how unfair they were 2 Peter & Erin
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:26
Peter and Erin were awful and got what they deserved
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 19:27
Here ya go write up from offical site

Strictly Come Dancing News 28 October 2006 The Fourth Show

Ten couples left, and the competition is hotting up.

After the surprise exit of Spoony and Ola last week, the ten remaining couples knew they had to give their all to stay in the running.

This week the dances were the Foxtrot, for the female-led couples, and the Paso Doble for the male-led ones.

Stepping up first were Emma and Darren, foxtrotting to One by Chorus Line. Pretty in pink, Emma gave a high-kicking performance with none of the slip-ups of the previous week. But both Len and Bruno were disappointed. "You can light up the room, but the footwork wasn't as good as it should have been tonight." said Bruno. "I loved it," disagreed Craig.

Votes: Craig: 8, Arlene: 7, Len: 7, Bruno: 8 = 30

First on the dancefloor for the men was Matt with partner Lilia, for a bit of Paso Doble fire to Meatloaf's I Would Do Anything For Love. All the judges agreed that Matt was wonderfully masterful, but they weren't sure about his hands. "Sometimes you're the man of La Mancha, then you're the man of Manchester," said Bruno. Arlene agreed, but pointed out that Matt had been "leading Lilia around the dancefloor as if he owned it." Only Craig liked Matt's hand movements. "It's a style decision!" he argued. Hmm... maybe, Craig.

Votes: Craig: 7, Arlene: 7, Len: 7, Bruno: 7 = 28

Jan and Anton took on a classic with their Foxtrot - Sinatra's Night and Day. The judges were certainly more impressed than last week. "The fox is out of the cage!" said Bruno, though he added that Jan was still making mistakes. "It had smoothness, it had elegance," agreed Len, who had some constructive advice too. "Just relax, and enjoy the experience."

Votes: Craig: 5, Arlene: 5, Len: 7, Bruno: 7 = 24

Next came some top cape action from Mark and Karen to the Paso Doble from Strictly Ballroom. It clearly wowed the panel. "You must have been a dancer in another life, and once again you ignited my fire," Arlene said. "Fantastic!" agreed Len, and Bruno added that it had been, "a killer of a Paso Doble".

Votes: Craig: 8, Arlene: 9, Len: 9, Bruno: 8 = 34

Carol and Matthew strutted their stuff with a Foxtrot to Lionel Richie's Stuck On You. As usual, the judges weren't stuck on finding something to say. "Very elegant and pretty routine... I would have liked to see a few more challenging steps," said Craig. "Dancing around on one leg for about twenty minutes isn't challenging" exploded Len. "Best foxtrot so far." he declared.

Votes: Craig: 6, Arlene: 7, Len: 8, Bruno: 8 = 29

Another Foxtrot followed, as Georgina and James danced to Robbie Williams' version of Have You Seen Miss Jones. Having come next to last the previous week, the couple were hoping for good news from the panel. They got it. "The mess of the other week has transformed to something gorgeous," exclaimed Bruno. "I see a light at the end of the tunnel," agreed Arlene. Even the downbeat Craig commented that Georgina was "much, much better."

Votes: Craig: 5, Arlene: 6, Len: 8, Bruno: 7 = 26

The Mission Impossible Theme provided the soundtrack to Peter and Erin's Paso Doble. The judges didn't enjoy their performance. "The music was the best thing about that routine," declared Craig. "Hideous." Even nice Len agreed. "Paso Doble? You couldn't pass a tortoise. It lacked all the fire and spirit." And the votes reflected this, with the couple coming lowest of the evening.

Votes: Craig: 2, Arlene: 5, Len: 6, Bruno: 6 = 19

They were followed by Louisa and Vincent, Foxtrotting to Take Another Little Piece of my Heart With You. The panel was split - in fact they nearly came to blows over this performance. "You guys look as if you've been dancing for years," said Craig. "I didn't find any harmony in the way you danced together," disagreed Arlene. "You made it look like hard work." Bruno was outraged. "You did very very well, your chemistry was perfect," he shouted.

Votes: Craig: 7, Arlene: 5, Len: 6, Bruno: 8 = 26

Next Ray and Camilla showed off their mettle to some heavy metal, performing the Paso Doble to Bon Jovi's It's My Life. "You have masculinity pouring out of every pore of your body." exclaimed a thrilled Arlene. Len agreed that the dance had passion, but was disappointed by the technical standard. "For me there wasn't enough content of Paso Doble." And for once, Craig agreed with him.

Votes: Craig: 7, Arlene: 8, Len: 7, Bruno: 8 = 30

And finally, Claire and Brendan took the last dance with a Foxtrot to Neil Diamond song Sweet Caroline. With time running out the judges quickly fired off their comments. "How disappointing, no filth," said Craig. "But it had everything else, all the class." "Stick to the dirty stuff and leave the elegant stuff to others." added Len. And Bruno's comment that the couple needed polish had Brendan in a rage. "You're losing the plot", he despaired.

Votes: Craig: 7, Arlene: 4, Len: 6, Bruno: 7 = 24

The judges have had their say, but what do you think? Dial the corresponding number for the couple you want to save:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>