I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing - past
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jan Storms Out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jan Storms Out
    Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 09:10
STRICTLY Come Dancing’s Jan Ravens stormed out of a practice session in tears — because she thought partner Anton Du Beke was laughing at her.

Producers spent 20 minutes trying to coax the Dead Ringers funnywoman back.

An insider said: “Jan is extremely frustrated with herself and reacted to what she thought was Anton laughing. She’s convinced he is taking the p*** out of her because she’s struggling with the Foxtrot.”

The Sun
anna View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 09:31
I am not sure about her but it must be dificult to work with somebody like Anton. I don`t like his smile. It must be really frustrating for her.
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 10:52
Hmm... Jan mayb slowly giving up?

It could b thier last performance
Rick View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 11:01
Looks like the two most hated in here will be out tonight then.
Ho hum
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 16:51
'Jan storms out ...'

Erm - toodle-pip, Jan - don't let the door hit you in the @rse!
Rick View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 10:20
Sheeeeeesh there you go again 'Aida' why don't you speak your mind.
Crystal Tips View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Crystal Tips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 12:09
I have always rather liked Jan Ravens (an intelligent, talented, funny woman) and it has been sad to see her reduced to quivering jelly by SCD. She and Carole Smilie are both of a certain age and they are both keen to do well but the Smilie girl is coming across as having a rather wry sense of humour to balance out her formidable determination whereas La Raven's anxiety makes me feel twitchy and I want her to go and lie down in a quiet room for a long, long time (preferably sooner rather than later).
EllieJ View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote EllieJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 12:37
I saw a clip of Anton saying he did not know what to do to make it easier for Jan. That could be the problem, Anton just doesnt know what to do to connect with anyone unless they can do something for him.i.e. Lesley Garrett getting him signed up with her agent, getting him to take signing lessons and taking him around networking so to speak. Esther also introduced him around. Patsy could do nothing for him that way so he did say he didnt know what to do to make it easier for her. Deja Vu. Anton is the Egotistical Sublime and if you cramp his style then you might as well give up.
Rick View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 15:45
Slams and locks the door behind Jan lol
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 17:34
Originally posted by Crystal Tips

I have always rather liked Jan Ravens (an intelligent, talented, funny woman) and it has been sad to see her reduced to quivering jelly by SCD. She and Carole Smilie are both of a certain age and they are both keen to do well but the Smilie girl is coming across as having a rather wry sense of humour to balance out her formidable determination whereas La Raven's anxiety makes me feel twitchy and I want her to go and lie down in a quiet room for a long, long time (preferably sooner rather than later).

Perfectly expressed, Crystal - I'm in a serious mood today, and that's exactly how I feel - I agree with all you have to say about Carol, but can I add that I feel disappointed to see someone like Jan whom I admire for her undoubted talent on 'Dead Ringers' (Radio and TV version), be reduced to beating herself up because she's floundering at dancing - some of us (yes, I'm speaking for myself) just can't dance - the truly horrible aspect here is that hordes of 'Antonettes' will keep voting for their hero and keep her in this discomfort zone for weeks to come!
salasally View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Dan's Diva

Quote salasally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2006 at 00:55
Originally posted by anna

I am not sure about her but it must be dificult to work with somebody like Anton. I don`t like his smile. It must be really frustrating for her.

lol i agree there anna, his smile is just too forced and smarmy

Edited by salasally - 30 Oct 2006 at 00:59
salasally
salasally View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Dan's Diva

Quote salasally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2006 at 00:55
Originally posted by Aida

'Jan storms out ...'

Erm - toodle-pip, Jan - don't let the door hit you in the @rse!

@aida
salasally
 Post Reply Post Reply