I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are These The 50 Greatest Horror Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mi jakey baby View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mi jakey baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2006 at 17:46
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1284086378

WATCH THIS!
my name is about jake gyllenhaal.im a girl btw just to clear that up!
supergeek View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote supergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2006 at 17:53
I like 28 days later
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2006 at 18:59
Goodness, seen so many of these!! But not the number one! Just never appealed . Agree with whoever said that the Japanese "Ring" is superior , but sadly it all hinges on THAT scene. If you have seen or heard of that, then the film is ruined, in my opinion. Never thought of "wicker man" as horror, must admit, but I love it for many other reasons.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 13:15
wickerman was counted as a horror, it is creepy and weird but not scary, dont hold much faith for the remake.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 16:15
I have to say, it depends who plays Britt's role and how well!
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 18:46
I don't know why Don't Look Now is in the top 20, it's rubbish. I have zero interest in the new Wicker Man remake, I can't stand Nicolas Cage. I've onl;y seen Saw, neither of the sequels but I suppose if I watch the first one again and squint my eyes, I won't notice the difference.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 15:53
I recently bought a DVD of Don't Look Now as I considered it a "great" film. I was tremendously disappointed with it the second time round. VERY dated , and the outrageous sex scene seems so tame now ( they REALLY did it!!, one of the first!! )

Surprised The Fury isn't in there, or Scanners.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 20:44
Originally posted by Alex

Originally posted by Laura

Blair Witch is one of the most disappointing films i've been to see (except the end!)

Even the end was shit! What a let down that film was.

Best genuine, fright I ever got was at the theatre watching The Woman in Black (might be still on, if so GO!)

Premise sort of similar to Blair Witch Project in that your imagination provides the fear. No real props or set plus it was a two hander. When it started I thought Oh bollocks, not one of these plays where two people perform multiple characters and pretend to drink from an imaginery cup - I couldn't be more wrong.

I sat in the theatre and TWICE the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I was rooted to my seat - apart from the bit where I jumped a mile up and screamed like a big girl as if I'd been electrocuted.

Plus if you want scary you should've watched that surgery prog on last week showing a guy's face being peeled off

Have just come across this via the Active Users button (thanks lurker). I've never seenThe Woman In Black (missed it by a month) but have heard exactly the same thing you've said about it. The book is magnificent BTW, scary in the same sense that Dracula is scary. In both cases, put away your preconceptions, read both adn see TWIB on Alex's recommendation if you can. It's fab.
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 01:42
how about Black Christmas, the original 1970s version, or Hostel?

Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 18:17
I watched the Buffy the Vampire Film when I was younger and I was so scared I had nightmares.

Bram Stoker's Dracula now that is scary.
dazzla111 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote dazzla111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 11:50
Originally posted by supergeek

I like 28 days later

one of the best well one of my faves although 28 weeks wasn't as good ,if u liked that u sld have a look at the zombie dairies
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 23:52
Originally posted by Catwoman

Bram Stoker's Dracula now that is scary.

Try reading the book, it's REALLY good. I didn't enjoy the film so much but the book is full of atmosphere; I couldn't stop reading it (at the expense of the at-the-time bf who found himself ignored).
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 00:10
I hate Horror movies i did watch Silence of the  Lambs call it horror or thriller it gave me nightmares for ages.
Give me a girly flick any day over a horror.
Only managed about 30 minutes of Carrie. I am a classic hide behind a cushion kind of girl.
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 19:41
I really don't like horrors I watched Nightmare On Elm Street when I was 21 [I think] and I had to sleep with the light on all night for a week
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 19:55
Thing is, Lisa, it's while you're asleep that Freddy comes into your dreams and kills you so those lights won't save youLOL
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 19:57
Originally posted by Chunks

Thing is, Lisa, it's while you're asleep that Freddy comes into your dreams and kills you so those lights won't save youLOL

Thanks Chunks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>