I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing - past
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spotster's scheduling strop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spotster's scheduling strop
    Posted: 08 Oct 2006 at 14:56
So next week SCD is on at 5.50pm with Robin Hood in the 7pm slot, followed by the National Lottery show and then Casualty before we get the SCD results show at 9.15pm.

Apart from the fact that that's not a line-up that will keep me watching BBC1 on a Saturday night, SCD being on at 5.50pm is just too early

I suppose it's all to do with Robin Hood but after watching it last night, I think it would be better suited to being on before SCD.

I grudgingly suppose that X Factor is a 'factor' in the scheduling but as that appears to be on for most of next Saturday night then swapping SCD and Robin Hood around won't really make any difference.......

I just hope this early start will be a one off as the thought of me sitting down all relaxed and ready to watch the one programme of the week that I really *will* watch (as opposed to a few other programmes that I watch whilst doing other things or end up talking all the way through )is a long shot.

And if I start on the G&Ts at 5.50pm I'll be asleep by the results programme (or in the sort of mood that pink fluff will really get on my nerves )

Edited by spotster - 08 Oct 2006 at 14:57
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2006 at 15:09
tis a bit early isnt it save the G&T's for the results show the pink palace is back to its normal crazy obsessed threads again I see
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2006 at 15:22
Originally posted by Bren

tis a bit early isnt it save the G&T's for the results show

Tsk, that's not the point!! Aida and I have a long established tradition of G&Ts during SCD

Originally posted by Bren

the pink palace is back to its normal crazy obsessed threads again I see

Aye, there's no change there
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2006 at 15:26
aida pmd me for blueroom link on DS so she will be here soon
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2006 at 15:53
Good

Have just been reading some of the many comments about Robin Hood over on DS and it's not been *that* well received which just, I think, adds fuel to my fledgling campign to get SCD put on after Robin Hood on Saturday nights!

Humph!! Have just looked at the Radio Times site for October 21 and it's showing 'to be announced for both the 5.45 to 7.10pm and the 7.10 to the 7.55pm slots. Slot length wise that looks like SCD on even earlier!! Then again, to be announced could mean the BBC may swap SCD and Robin Hood.......*crosses fingers*

(And X Factor is down as being on for yet another 2 hour slot starting at 5.55pm)

Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2006 at 07:28
Hi, fellow s of the Cool Blue!
I'm here!!!
What a disgrace this scheduling is - I shall be cast into a quandary on Saturday nights - if I don't watch the X-factor, Ben (the only one I actually like) will be voted out the first week - but if I watch that and tape SCD, I won't be at the cutting edge of commentry!
How am I going to maintain the tradition of watching SCD while eating the Chinese meal washed down with G&T's without having to negotiate an earlier opening time with our local takeaway and/or ruining my insulin routine?
This is no easy task as they tend to get baffled quite easily - even an order for extra mushrooms can result in the chef being called to the phone to interrogate the caller (me) and add his two penn'orth!
I couldn't care less what time they show bl**dy Robin Hood - it's bollox and should be shown on CBeebies - if I were an ITV executive I would resurrect the Michael Praed 'Robin of Sherwood' version and show it in direct opposition to 'Westlife demonstrate Matrix-type fighting techniques and run about, giggling, in a forest'!
Gaarrgggghhhh!   What a start to the week - it's enough to make an eff and blind like a trooper!
Pamela View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Pamela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2006 at 12:37
I wasn't happy this week, it didn't start until 7.50pm, that was probably due to the football and robin hood, would have been better if robin hood started next week, but don't like the idea of it starting at 5.50pm, that is far too early, imo it should be on after robin hood.
spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2006 at 16:27
I couldn't agree more Pamela, get Robin Hood out of the way first then bring on the dancing!

Den13 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Den13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2006 at 21:37

I also think that 5.50 is too early for SCD as I'm still seeing to the evening meal for the family and won't be able to sit and relax to watch it like I did on Saturday.  An hour later would be much better.  Also it goes directly up against X Factor which I also like to watch which is very annoying

spotster View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote spotster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2006 at 20:04
It's too early!!!

My takeaway has arrived and I haven't even posted about tonight's show!!

Back soon!

Post Reply Post Reply