I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Reading Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'Celebrity' biographies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 20:02

I have a few in hand :Parky, Julie Walters.  Just finished Craig Revel Horwood's 'All Balls and Glitter' which was dull, dull, dull!

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 14:17
still reading frank skinner, (taking a while, don't seem to have much time these days)
have a few Jeremy Clarksons waiting.
The Clarissa Dickson Wright one i have, is not 'spilling the beans' it's a sort of year in the life of, writtern after her main one, so obviously not as interetsting.
I'm keeping a look out at all the charity shops for other interesting ones.
I keep them aside, till i have time to read them, then mostly pass them on.

I loved Alan Carr's was so funny, gave it away, and the my friend enjoyed it lots too, and she passed it on.  Was hilarious, i recommend it.  I tend to keep hardbacks mostly, or those i'm not overly keen on.
My 9 year old son is attempting to read, Peter Kay at the moment!! Is this wise?
I'll have to have a look at it again, i'm sure he's looking for swear words!! LOL
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 16:49
Has anyone read Dreamgirl: My Life as a Supreme by Mary Wilson? I loved that, it was total hatchet job on Diana Ross. Mary does come across a little bitter but I still like to imagine every word is true.
Never be afraid to show how beautiful and crazy you really are.
Even if people block you.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 22:07
I thought the Peter Kay one was crap.  The first half was funny but then he turned into a complete tit.

I read the Paul Hunter (snooker player) one which was written by his wife and that is one of the best ones I've read. 
I've also read Tani Gray Thompson and Lance Armstrong ones.  All of which are really interesting.

lena4stefan View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 13:45
Has anyone read Ant and Dec's book? I really enjoyed it and I'm rereading it now nod

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 23:26
haven't read any of the above, ie ant and dec (personally can't stand the two) or dreamgirl
just quickly finished Frank Skinner
Like Peter Kay's started off good too
,- lasted about half way- 3/4,  with Frank Skinner's then had enough, read quickly to the end, and passed it on.

BEst so far imo, Alan Carr's book.

Haven't finished Parky's yet either, again got about half way thru/ 3/4 then abandoned it, seeing a pattern here i think , LOL

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 21:28
Just bought Kate Adie's from the local charity shop.: The kindness of Strangers:
Had tons of others there, but not really people i'm interested in.
Flintoff, Robbie Williams, Brian Johnston (nearly got this one) and a few others from young people, that i have no interest in.

little_monster93 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote little_monster93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 20:32
My fave biograhy is Miley Cryus. nod 
Before you shoot her down, take a moment to read some of the book. Its truly fascinating and explores a lot of ideas for someone whos only young!
There are 2 versions - the original hardback and a new paperback with a few new chapters in! I have both  Whistle

Edited by little_monster93 - 06 Mar 2010 at 20:34
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 00:39
Originally posted by MargiABC

I read 'Time of My Life' by Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi after Christmas. I still have books on Kathleen Turner and Coco Chanel to read yet - all Christmas gifts.
I have the Patrick Swayze/Lisa Niemi one too, haven't read it yet... thoroughly enjoyed Paul O'Grady.. embarassed myself laughing out loud reading it anywhere and everywhere.. eagerly awaiting part 2!
I also bought Len Goodman's.. soooo boring!.. it's shoved away in my locker at work!
I also read  Ricky Tomlinson's ... not a man I like.. but wanted to know more about what happened to him in the 70's when he was jailed for being a flying picket.. I read the book.. bit didn't end up liking him anymore than I had previously.
If any of you get the chance, try and pick up "An Evil Cradling".. it;'s written by the Beirut hostage Brian Keenan.. it's the best book I've ever read..I read all the hostages biographies at the time, but his was written as a raw human being, rather than the good old Brit "stiff upper lip".. I will never forget that book
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 21:48
An evil cradling is a superb book, as soon as I finished it I started again from the beginning, that doesn't happen very often.
It's thought provoking and heartbreaking, it is really difficult to comprehend how he survived the ordeal, great man.
I read Terry Waite's book too, also very good and again one wonders how he survived given that he was in solitary for much of the time.
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 01:53
I also read John mcCarthy/Jill Morrell's book "Some other Rainbow".. I was soo sad when they split up but to be honest.. how any of them could return to a normal life and pick up the pieces must have been near impossible
staceyxxx View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote staceyxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 10:40
i would buy Ashley Coles. Big%20smile
John And Edward FTW! :)
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 23:53
me, and Cheryl, won't be buying that one, LOL
Anything that monkey does isn't worth buying!
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 23:27
I just read Jade's diaries - yeh I know I'm miles behind but OMG it was heartbreaking.

I'm reading Linda Smith's one at the moment.  Very good so far.  Written by her partner.

I bought Christopher Reeve's one also but haven't read it yet.
Rubyx3 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Rubyx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 13:25
Now reading 'Les Dennis' bought from the local charity shop
(Must the show go on?)
also have Chris Evans (ditto, same shop £1.49 hardback) to get thru
No way would i pay full price for these (£18.00 and £20.00 i think on the inside jacket)

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 10:52
 Piers Morgan's is very interesting too and I tore through that in a few days. It's really easy to read.    Dance
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>