I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Reading Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'Celebrity' biographies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 15:36
I have read Derren Brown's book and Duncan Bannatynes this year. Derren's wasn't a bio tho...more of a rant against religion and alternative medecine!! Duncan's story was very interesting though.
Pippa View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2007 at 23:24
Read Katie Price's, 2 there ok,  honest! Ulrika Johnsons was quite good, really enjoyed Shane Ritchie's quite honest and funny. Some of the others I have to agree are wrote far to early. X
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2007 at 20:14
I'm reading Peter Kay's book at the mo .... it's hilarious!   
lena4stefan View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
Frankette

Quote lena4stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 22:10
[QUOTE=Strawberry Pez], in all respects - and was appealing because he is a local lad to me.[/QUOTE]

Agree with that Pez- Frank Skinner's is probably the best and funniest book I've ever read, and he is a very local lad to me too. It's probably not really suitable for my age group though...even more worrying is that I read it when I was about 10 or 11 the first time and then frequently since as it is so funny Embarrassed

xSophx View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote xSophx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 19:00
Iv'e been reading Chantelle Prestons. I loves it!
strictly come dancing 6 favourites

Kyransgirl View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Kyransgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 13:05
Kyrans Brackens behind the scrum is really good and he wrote it himself with out a ghost writer!

Sammyxxx
muser View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote muser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 09:15
I have just finished reading Gordon Ramsays Humble Pie, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!!
chloej View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote chloej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 16:05

just finished gorden ramsey book...not bad

have read the shane richie book didn't get on with that to well

read michael crawfords and lord brockets to last year both good

chloe
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2008 at 18:46
I got 'Gail Porter Laid Bare' today anyone read it?
climbinchick View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote climbinchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2008 at 16:03
I read Katherine Jenkins' autobiography in a whole day. I only read it becasue she worked really hard to be succesful and doesn't splah her private life all over the papers. It was actually really enjoyable. I don't reallly like them, especially the ones written by ghost writers about people who are famous for doing nothing.

Oh yeah...I also love Torvill and Dean's autobiography, and Karen Barber and Nicky Slater's. But that's slightly different as both were published before I was born and I needed to know more about them!
When I grow up I want to be....just like Piers Morgan!
Joke
mais View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote mais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 15:36
I like reading autobiographies as I can't seem to get into other books now I'm older. Was an avid reader when younger.

I've read the likes of Peter Kay, Michael Crawford, David Jason, David Cassidy,Patsy Palmer,Aled Jones, Alan Titchmarsh and Tommy Steele.
They're all people that I've liked over the years. I've just bought Russell Watsons autobiography.He has been through such a lot recently and I saw him when he first started out as I was at a Cliff Richard concert and he was on with him.
  I was a great fan of Cliff Richard and the Shadows and I've got loads of books on them, but I've gone of Cliff a bit now and the Shadows no longer exist.
HelenIWater View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote HelenIWater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 08:23
I love autobiographies but only if it's someone I'm interested in and like other posters have said, someone who has had at least reached middle age.
Currently I'm on Kim Woodburn, Unbeaten. It's quite absorbing and nice that ahe writes how she speaks.
If you want a good and forthright sport one, try Tony Adams, Addicted. Wonderful stuff!
Got Frank Skinner lined up, sounds like it's well worth a read. OH has read it and enjoyed it.
Recently enjoyed Gordys Humble Pie as well.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 08:46
Just reading Eric Clapton's and previously Don Felder's (Eagles). Both very interesting. Prior to that had read Duncan Bannatyne and Derren Brown.
Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 00:38
I managed to miss this thread (shameful), but it's made me think - I've read relatively few autobiographies, but there are some great classics that haven't dated - I'm thinking David Niven's The Moon's a Balloon, Dirk Bogarde's A Postilion Struck By Lightning and Spike Milligan's Hitler - My Part In His Downfall. They are all just brilliantly written as well as being interesting. I liked Richard E Grant's autobiography, as well as two books by Maureen Lipman, but can't remember the names of them!

But I would scan my current bookshelves in vain for anything more modern - until I bought Clarissa Dickson-Wright's Spilling The Beans (thanks to a recommendation from the Blue Room!). Loved it. She's had a fascinating life and her successful struggle with alcoholism is inspiring.

But none of these was written by a 20-year-old, or ghostwritten. I haven't got any interest in reading such a thing, although there must be a market or they wouldn't be commissioned in the first place. It's a pity.

Oh, and I still haven't read Nelson Mandela (very shameful).

So many books, so little time....

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." - Robin Williams
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 16:39
I have just finished reading Russell Brand , My Booky Wook. This has put me off him a bit. I really liked his quirkyness and the fact that he is a bit odd and different. I liked him on BBBM and knew a bit about his background regarding drug abuse but still did not find the book as funny as expected and did not feel sorry for his childhood, as it was not as bad as a lot of other childhood experiences I have read about.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 20:49
I've read Katie Prices, John Barrowman and Gary Barlows xx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>