I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are Green Day over rated??

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: are green day over rated??
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [80.00%]
3 [20.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fallingstars666 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fallingstars666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Green Day over rated??
    Posted: 25 Feb 2006 at 18:30
many people have said that green day are overrated and have sold themselves out but i wanna know what you think .
<3 Never Give Up On The Things That Make You Smile <3
x_aimee_x-uk View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote x_aimee_x-uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2006 at 21:58
their an alrite band but the release too much too soon in my opinion. shame the lead singers old enough to be my dad lol. :(
aimee xx
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2006 at 10:34
I think they deserve a bit of the hype around them, American Idiot was a very
good album.
joann View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote joann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2006 at 20:13
I don't think they are over rated and I don't think they have sold out. However I personally don't like much of the more recent stuff they've done. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2006 at 21:49
i dont think theyre overrated, i really like their music
Cherie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Cherie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2006 at 00:02

Yep,think they are a tad over rated......don't get me wrong.....I love their stuff and they are head and shoulders above most bands that are producing their type of music.

But I think they have become a bit of a populist icon.......I've met peeps who've claimed to love them.....but actually have never listened to anything they've done LOL

Cherie xx

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2006 at 00:24

That's not necessarily the band's fault, though, Cherie.

It still makes me laugh how many people claim to have been at the first ever Sex Pistols gig in the 70s.  Many of them wouldn't have been old enough to get in, and of those that were old enough the venue would have needed to be the size of the Millenium Stadium to hold them all!

mattlover92 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote mattlover92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2006 at 12:31
i think they are brilliant! they aren't even that over rated !
Ben to win X factor
Mark and Karen to win SCD, or Emma and Darren or Louisa and Vincent - i haven't really made my mind up     
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fallingstars666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2006 at 18:50
 awesome , i was meant to go see them at milton keynes but my tickets never turned up
crazylass View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Nutjob

Quote crazylass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2006 at 18:54

hmm i like some if their stuff...dont like it when lyrics involve swearing but thats just me!

i wouldnt go woopydo over them but they are alright!

Kimmie View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Kimmie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2006 at 20:40
I much prefer the old albums like nimrod and dookie. american idiot is an awesome album, but i think its made green day too commercial which annoyed me a tad!
However i went to see them last june at the milton keynes bowl, i was front row and it was with out a doubt the best gig i have ever been too! definately legends in my eyes!
=) Please take a look at my site all about: Hot Ice~Figure skating~Daniel Whiston =)
www.freewebs.com/angels_on_ice
logman957 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote logman957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2006 at 20:43
I don't think that they're overrated. They have some fantastic songs.
e.g American Idiot
"Well, there is always this"
"A sonic probe"
"Thats screwdriver"
"It is harmless"
"Ah, but it's very good at opening doors"
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fallingstars666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2006 at 23:58

Originally posted by Kimmie

However i went to see them last june at the milton keynes bowl, i was front row and it was with out a doubt the best gig i have ever been too! definately legends in my eyes!

damn you

Kimmie View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Kimmie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2006 at 12:08
I spotted myself on dvd too! and billie joe squirted us when he came out with the water pistol!
No doubt they will be back here touring again v.soon fallingstars666
=) Please take a look at my site all about: Hot Ice~Figure skating~Daniel Whiston =)
www.freewebs.com/angels_on_ice
cyanide-kiss View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote cyanide-kiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 20:12
i think they're alright but american idiot got a bit over-played in my opinion
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2007 at 02:20
i like them alot, and dont think they are overated at all, lucky you lot who went to see them at Milton Keynes, my brother almost went but had a gcse exam love the dvd of it though, they look and sound amazing live, even if only on a dvd, and to me, one of the things that makes a band super is how well they perform live, they seem to be able to pull of energeitc and thrilling concerts, and have stood the test of time, so i will be a fan for a long time yet

Post Reply Post Reply